How To Add Heated/Ventelated seats and Heated Wheel to Express/Tradesman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
There are a ton of different switch configurations for these trucks. I only have tow/haul and traction control on top, just like Rick's. If you have the aux switches you would need to activate the soft keys on the radio. If you have other options or a different combination of options I would contact benny to make sure you got the correct one.

Rick the clock-spring I am seeing there are 2 for a 3500 with and without heated steering wheel. With is 68110740AE is this also the same one you used in your truck?

Oh and guess what happens now..........the price of used Laramie seats goes way up!!!!

They've been going up for a while. Early 2016/Late 2015 they were under $1K for a full set, now longhorns are going for 2K+, Rebel for 2500-3K, Laramie for 1500-2K, Bighorn cloth heat for $1200.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
There are a ton of different switch configurations for these trucks. I only have tow/haul and traction control on top, just like Rick's. If you have the aux switches you would need to activate the soft keys on the radio. If you have other options or a different combination of options I would contact benny to make sure you got the correct one.

Rick the clock-spring I am seeing there are 2 for a 3500 with and without heated steering wheel. With is 68110740AE is this also the same one you used in your truck?

Oh and guess what happens now..........the price of used Laramie seats goes way up!!!!

68110740AE is the correct part number and is what I have in my truck. Rick is running 56046864AC and we're not really sure what the difference is. It's possible that one is a factory p/n and the other is a replacement p/n. The one Rick has I pulled from a 2500 Laramie. Mine I bought separately so it could be a Mopar repair part.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Adding Heated/Ventelated seats and Heated Wheel to Express/Tradesman

They've been going up for a while. Early 2016/Late 2015 they were under $1K for a full set, now longhorns are going for 2K+, Rebel for 2500-3K, Laramie for 1500-2K, Bighorn cloth heat for $1200.

Yeah, I can't really imagine them going up much higher than where they already are. Still, I hope to get my hands on a nice pair of fronts soon. The heated Big Horn I have are an upgrade for sure, but I still want Laramie ones.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
is there a way to order the switch panel properly? I have front and rear sensors, tow haul, and something else. wanting to add the heated/cooled buttons?

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
is there a way to order the switch panel properly? I have front and rear sensors, tow haul, and something else. wanting to add the heated/cooled buttons?

Find a truck online that has the exact options that you want and send Benny @ allmoparparts the VIN and he will get you the correct part number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To everyone who asked me for Schematics. I will be forwarding them today. Let me know if you don't get them by today.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
For anyone looking for seats, There are a decent amount for low money in Canada, Some near WA over the boarder and some around the middle of CA. Some will ship to the US, others will only ship within canada or local pickup. Multiple sets of Sport/Laramie for under $1K total.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Cptwing -- that clockspring# is the same part# that Benny just sent me for my 2500. I had given him a 2500 Laramie vin with heated cooled everything.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The other thread I think said even if you add the buttons they will not light up properly without coding is this true? Im trying to add cooled seats and trying to make the most sense possible.

Also I have a bighorn now with power seats, will I need to add those wires or will they be in the harness already?

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't say they will and be 100% sure they will but mine did. The member with the truck that didn't had a 2012. My truck is a 14 and all of the buttons on the LEDs lit up exactly as they are supposed to even before I added the codes. That is the whole reason I waited to add the codes until I was able to see if it would work without them for people who are unable to add the code. Your instalation should be plug and play as long as you get the switch panel if you have a Bighorn.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't say they will and be 100% sure they will but mine did. The member with the truck that didn't had a 2012. My truck is a 14 and all of the buttons on the LEDs lit up exactly as they are supposed to even before I added the codes. That is the whole reason I waited to add the codes until I was able to see if it would work without them for people who are unable to add the code. Your instalation should be plug and play as long as you get the switch panel if you have a Bighorn.

Gonna make me spend money arent ya. Plug and play you say . . . . I love that idea.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I'm doing seats in our ram this week end. I can let you know if they light up.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gonna make me spend money arent ya. Plug and play you say . . . . I love that idea.

Good rile of thumb would be to make sure your truck has the wires in this picture going to the drivers side seat. Also 00/RT may have some heated Bighorn ftont seats he is wanting to sell.

Attachments

• 20161222_134905.jpg
    20161222_134905.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 327

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Find a truck online that has the exact options that you want and send Benny @ allmoparparts the VIN and he will get you the correct part number.

Ive failed 4x trying to email him whats the actual email!

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay I know I'm not good and posting pics with descriptions. Now that's wrapped up I wanted to show exactly were to tap in at. This is the plug you will tap into for the heated wheel. This plug is under the dash moutrd to a plastic tab.The wires for the heated wheel enter from the right side of this plug but our trucks do not have the correct harness so we don't have the correct wires coming into the left side of the plug for the heated wheel. I installed the correct male pins on two wires a gray wire and a blue wire is what I used and insert them into the left side of the plug. The two wires going into the right side of the plug for the heated wheel are pin#7 gray/light blue and pin#15 dark blue and light green.

Attachments

• 20170117_122837.jpg
    20170117_122837.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 287
OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is a picture of where you will tap into for the trigger wire for the relay for the two wires that attach to the two pink and yellow wires in the yellow drivers side seat plug. This power sorce can only come on when the key is in the run position. Just like the heated wheel our trucks do not have the correct Guage ignition on run wire coming into the cab so we need to install a relay. You can see the pink and yellow wire I tapped into with a black wire to run to the relay I installed under the drivers side seat. Use a mutimeter to make sure you have tapped into the correct wire and it only has power with the key in the full run position. This picture rotated on me again when I posted it. This plug is actually strait up and down not horizontal . It is directly over the plug you will install the heated wheel wires into. I posed a,second pic to show the correct orientation.

Attachments

• 20170117_123004.jpg
    20170117_123004.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 275
  • 20170117_132958.jpg
    20170117_132958.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

mdxers11

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Flame Red
Engine
5.7 hemi
This is my first writeup on adding the Heated/Ventelated seats and the Heated Wheel to an Express or Tradesman. I am shure there will be questions along the way but I will try to explain it as well as I can. As I did on the other thread I want to mention that I did not figure all of this out. 00/RT was able to add the heated seats and wheel to his regular cab Express that came with the wiring from the factory. There is no way I could have done this without his help. I am sorry I keep repeating that but I don't want t take credit for something I didn't figure out. He was very patient and worked with me to figure it all out. We are lucky to have him on our forum. This is not as complicated as one might think and it worked fine without adding any codes. This is the basic setup

Parts you may need. I got all these from Nexus Electronics with part# I got from 00/RT
Big pins for passenger side seat plug part# 7116-4032. You will need one if you are adding just the seat and two if you are going to install the factory inverter.(see post by 00/RT on installing factory inverter)
Small pin for passenger seat harness part# 7116-4021. You will need 5 for the seat conversion and four more if you are adding the inverter.
You will need two pins for the plug that the heated wheel harness enters but does not exit part#7114-4101-02.
You will need the male end of the gray plug for the drivers side seat part#
7283-6388-40 non locking or
7283-6568-40 locking I was able to get the locking version but the other was out of stock.
The pins for the gray plug are part# 7116-4720-02 or
7116-4721-02 I had to special order these pins. I recommend getting the 7116-4721-02 if possible as its for a bigger Guage wire. The main conversion is actually not bad once it's figured out.
You will need to hook up the solid red wire in the passenger side seat in order for the power functions to work. You will take pins 1 through 5 colors are #1 LG/BR #2 BR/LG #3 TN/DB #4 TN/WT #5 LG/VT from the passenger seat plug and run them to the drivers side seat gray plug. Pin# 2 TN/WT 3 TN/DB 5 BR/LG 6 LG/BR and 15 LG/VT. The gray plug also has four more wires we will need to use
Heated Wheel pin# 10 GY/DB and pin# 20 DB/LG These two wires will go to the plug under the dash where the heated wheel harness terminates. We found that all trucks have the heated wheel Harness in the colum so all you will need for the heated wheel is the Wheel/clockspring and steering wheel harness.
Last but not least you will need to connect to the CAN (Controller Area Network) You will tap into the IHS (Interior High Speed) CAN .
This will be pin#12 WT/DB CAN IHS +
And pin# 13 WT CAM IHS-
I attached these two wires to my OBD2 PORT
Pin# 3 GY IHS+ And
Pin# 11 WT IHS-
I just had shoulder surgery so I am going to take the truck to the stereo shop tomorrow to hook up to the CAN permanently. I can't work well under the dash yet. You could leave it hooked up to.tje OBD2 port if you wanted but I decided have them mount it somewhere else. I was worried about hooking up to the can but if you know the correct wires it doesn't seem to be as bad as I thougjt.
The last ptoblem is our trucks do not have the correct ignition on run power supply to run power to the heated seat module. Because of this we need to run a relay into the truck. For this I ran a fused 16 Guage wire from the bsttery into the truck under the seat to a 40 AMP relay. I found a suitable trigger sorce in another harness near the same Harness that the Heated wheel harness attaches. You will run two wires from this relay to the two P/Y wires in the YELLOW drivers side seat plug(these wires can only have power when the key is on (RUN). You will also attach a constant 12v sorce to the solid red wire in the YELLOW drivers side seat plug. I am going to attach pictures but if there are any others needed just let me know. I was able to add the codes d
to my control buttons come up on RA4 because I have the tool but it all worked without the codes. You just need to use the hard keys in the switch panel. The first pictures I will post will be of the passenger side seat plug. Obviously I could not duplicate the factory colors but it shows what I did to make it work

Okay. This has gone far enough already. I just started putting in a floor console, I am installing laramie leather door panels. I wanted to take a break. I said to myself, after the door panels, my express quad cap is complete.

Now thanks to you I have to, of course, install heated power seats. now is there anything we can't make an express into??

By the way, what is this scan tool you have that allows you to flash codes??

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
As an additional note, if you wanted to get really fancy you could track down the pins for the PDC under the hood and run the power in right from the fuses like the factory.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
As an additional note, if you wanted to get really fancy you could track down the pins for the PDC under the hood and run the power in right from the fuses like the factory.

I think I have found all that info. I am going to post it when I get home tonight. This is how I am planning to do it.