How To: Customize 13+ Projectors - 08/16 UPDATE - Lights Are Installed On The Truck!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
*** 08/12/17 UPDATE ***

So the Retrorubber and the Silicone dried. I installed the lights, adapters, hid kit and everything and they look awesome.

Unfortunately I had to remove them and go back to stock quads as my truck is going to the dealer on Monday for warranty work (steering column) and didn't want them to see the custom lights and hid kit and bother me about voiding the warranty.

So whenever I get my truck back, Tueaday or Wednesday, the lights will be installed for good. Can't wait!!!

Pics:
e39e46b96da2ad883ef004b92b025b39.jpg6a7da43746720383dc70fbb9c60b156f.jpgd30b2355ab1aecad0c3fb6950e2fbad2.jpg

• 2012 Ram 1500 RCSB Hemi • 22" SRT-10 Wheels Plastidipped Black w/ Bridgestone Tires • Smoked Taillights • Custom Quad Headlights • Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Lows • MicTuning 6000k LED Fogs • K&N 63 Series CAI • Flowmasters Muffler • Line-X Bed • OEM Black Badges All Around • 20% Tint All Around • Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau + plenty more coming soon...

Itsme71190

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do what as we what? So confused lol

• 2012 Ram 1500 RCSB Hemi • 22" SRT-10 Wheels Plastidipped Black w/ Bridgestone Tires • Smoked Taillights • Custom Quad Headlights • Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Lows • MicTuning 6000k LED Fogs • K&N 63 Series CAI • Flowmasters Muffler • Line-X Bed • OEM Black Badges All Around • 20% Tint All Around • Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau + plenty more coming soon...
Hahaha. Sorry. Drove the truck to dc with my girl. Was ganna get ypu to do headlights while im close haha

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hahaha. Sorry. Drove the truck to dc with my girl. Was ganna get ypu to do headlights while im close haha
Yea it would take atleast 2 days, or more.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I drop my truck off at the **** ass dealer today who screwed me 2 weeks ago but I have to bring it there for a warranty fix on my steering column. I'm praying to God it doesn't take them 8 days to even start working on my truck like last time. I'm hoping to have it back late in the day tomorrow (Tuesday) or early Wednesday so I can finally install my headlights for good.

P.s. let's hope I get a charger for my rental car this time. Last time they were all rented out lol.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Finally installed, more pics to come.

*** Passenger side C-Bar Halo is not working. I need to open the dust cover and investigate. I think the connector came undone when sealing them up because everything worked right before I sealed them up.

I also need to do a full cut and polish detail on it aswell. Then more pics will follow.

85d659877e7d3c81163f277c136930e1.jpg6b6cbc547c87e6b2f26a0334842ada3a.jpgabafb8219129cd82442fef549684e1bc.jpg

$$pitinblue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I know this is a bit of an old thread..... but where did you hide all your drivers? Just curious.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I know this is a bit of an old thread..... but where did you hide all your drivers? Just curious.
Sorry i mever finished editing the video and typing up the guide.

To answer your question, i used double-sided Gorilla Glue tape and I mounted them up in the top corner behind the projector, between the black back headlight housing and the projector. Then I ran the wires above the chrome bulb reflector plastic and down the opposite side of the light from where the drivers were mounted.

Here is a huge tip. Diode Dynamics says the drivers are meant to be outside the headlight, so the wiring is WAY to long when you try to put it all inside the headlight. In order to fit everything, like the DRL led boards and "housing" back inside the headlight, you will need to cut the wire loom and wires and shorten them ALOT. I used maybe 30% of the original wire length and then soldered all of the connections instead of using those ****** quick connects that can easily pop off.

$$pitinblue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Sorry i mever finished editing the video and typing up the guide.

To answer your question, i used double-sided Gorilla Glue tape and I mounted them up in the top corner behind the projector, between the black back headlight housing and the projector. Then I ran the wires above the chrome bulb reflector plastic and down the opposite side of the light from where the drivers were mounted.

Here is a huge tip. Diode Dynamics says the drivers are meant to be outside the headlight, so the wiring is WAY to long when you try to put it all inside the headlight. In order to fit everything, like the DRL led boards and "housing" back inside the headlight, you will need to cut the wire loom and wires and shorten them ALOT. I used maybe 30% of the original wire length and then soldered all of the connections instead of using those ****** quick connects that can easily pop off.

Awesome that’s where I was at.... sitting there with all this wire l, confused and upset that it was all going to be out side the headlight. Thanks

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Looks good, Im not a fan of how the projector and C halos make the truck look when off but if you like it then thats all that matters. Not sure If I missed it but it looks like you left the stock TYC projectors? No FXR upgrade!? man....

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still waiting on the write up guide and videos to be posted. Just received all my parts in the mail yesterday and looking to do the same!

Good thing I read about Klearz.com on here, I still need to order my clear corners and I was going to order it from them, I guess I won't be now.

Any chance of getting those videos or guides up soon?

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Still waiting on the write up guide and videos to be posted. Just received all my parts in the mail yesterday and looking to do the same!

Good thing I read about Klearz.com on here, I still need to order my clear corners and I was going to order it from them, I guess I won't be now.

Any chance of getting those videos or guides up soon?
To be honest man I lost all the pics and videos and I sold the lights about 3 months ago and I'm currently building a new set.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To be honest man I lost all the pics and videos and I sold the lights about 3 months ago and I'm currently building a new set.

Any tips on opening the headlights and re-sealing them?

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Any tips on opening the headlights and re-sealing them?
Yea I'm opening 2 set of quads tomorrow, one for a build for the shop truck, another for a customer. I can take video for you, aswell as pictures.

☆ 2 Quick Tips ☆

> You definitely need to pick up the Morimoto Sealsplitter tool from TRS. It's super cheap at only $10.00 USD and it's made by Morimoto specifically to spread open and separate the headlights housing from the front lense. It eliminates the need for flat head screw drivers and butter knives that will bend and chew up the headlights housing. [ https://www.theretrofitsource.com/morimoto-sealsplitter-opening-tool.html ]

> Most members use an oven to bake the lights and open them. Instead, I use a heat gun and the Morimoto Sealsplitter and it works perfectly for me. I heat up a 2"-4" section, put the Sealsplitter in and it separates the lense from the housing in the first try. No waiting around for the oven to heat up and then for the lights to sit in there. No need to put the lights back into the oven 2-3 times. Like I said, about 95% of members in here who have opened headlights will disagree with me about using the heat gun, but I could care less. I've been doing it this way for months now and it's super fast and no issues. Havnt had a single complaint from any customers yet so it obviously works.

If you have any more questions about anything Retrofit related, feel free to PM me.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In case you guys didn’t know u can also pick up that splitter tool from Home Depot. Might cost a few more bucks but will save you from having to order it by itself Incase you forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro