How to debadge... The right way!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Started debaging my truck and got the addhesive off. But still can see the outline of the letters. How do I get ride of the outline?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Started debaging my truck and got the addhesive off. But still can see the outline of the letters. How do I get ride of the outline?

clay, polish, wax.

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks jj, that is what I thought. Shot with some fukken, but didn't really help. had some minor scratches from light rubbing, so I used a little McGuires polish compound still needs the clay bar.

BlueRamMan

Now RedRamMan
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've done the brand logos and dealership stickers with this process..

Hairdryer to area
peel away
goo-gone to remove sticky
clay bar with Adam's Detail spray and clay
Fine Machine Polish
Wax

Worked like a champ everytime

Larry313

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great Video

Just did this on my week old 1500 4x4 and it worked great!!! Thanks for the instructions.

thieves

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Adhesive didn't come off as easily as I'd hoped. Got pissed off and did a little scrubbing....good thing my buddy down the street is a painter! Buffed the rough spots out and waxed the whole truck for $50. Either way, damn this truck looks better without the obnoxious "RAMZZZZ 1500ZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!" on the doors. Thanks for the fishing line idea.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Adhesive didn't come off as easily as I'd hoped. Got pissed off and did a little scrubbing....good thing my buddy down the street is a painter! Buffed the rough spots out and waxed the whole truck for $50. Either way, damn this truck looks better without the obnoxious "RAMZZZZ 1500ZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!" on the doors. Thanks for the fishing line idea.

I'd pay the $50 just for the wax job. LOL

Got some before and after pics....to show the wax shine? :drool:

Russ64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The video did the job for me and any leftover adhesive I used 3m adhesive remover worked out great!!!

thieves

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
The video did the job for me and any leftover adhesive I used 3m adhesive remover worked out great!!!

Seems like I'd def recommend the eraser wheel.

I don't have any before pics, but I have the cherry color. I'll get some after pics when I bring my baby home this weekend. My other baby has been driving it all week.

I actually had to ask him not to buff it like he usually would and leave me a nice polished spot on the doors. The factory paint job on any car is so muddy. I think we are gonna grab some beers and buff the whole truck soon. Turn that cherry into a mirror :)

rabbit1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
May attempt this later today but for clarification, the only badge on a 2012 that has the "pins" is the RAM emblem on the tailgate. Is this correct?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
May attempt this later today but for clarification, the only badge on a 2012 that has the "pins" is the RAM emblem on the tailgate. Is this correct?

yes, but the rams head in the front grill is held in with clips so if you debadge that one you have holes in the grill shell.

rabbit1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the video trupiano, gave me courage to attempt this on my new Ram. I did find using the heat gun helped. For the residue I used goo gone as that's all I had handy. Let the goo soak in but still took some elbow grease to get the residue off after several attempts. Took about an 1hr and half.

And thanks to quietpeen for the clarification. Decided to keep the private parts covered with ram head and hemi emblems. Sure would like to find some nice retro hemi emblems though to replace the current ones.

Here's the final look for now.

20120826_145933.jpg

brynm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 SXT
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks guys, new to the forum and new to the Ram. Had it for about 4 days now. Looks like I have part of my weekend planned now. I just need to decide whether I want to pull the hemi badge or leave it.

20120822_184747.jpg