How to Install coil spring lowering kit (Ground Force)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vizsladog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also use my truck for work. Can you still tow with it lowered?

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
good write up. I know this is a little old but still very useful.

I am confused about your measurements though. When you started you had a gap between the fender and tire of 4" front / 7.125" rear. After you finished your gap was 4" front and 4" back. What happened to the 2" of drop you were supposed to get up front?

Tapout0608

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
good write up. I know this is a little old but still very useful.

I am confused about your measurements though. When you started you had a gap between the fender and tire of 4" front / 7.125" rear. After you finished your gap was 4" front and 4" back. What happened to the 2" of drop you were supposed to get up front?
I installed this kit this past weekend and that's correct. No drop in the front. I was pretty disappointed but it handles like a completely different animal now and sits level. I ordered the mcgaughys 2" drop spindles to get the front to drop where I want it. I'll probably end up having to go lower in the back to get rid of the rake.

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I installed this kit this past weekend and that's correct. No drop in the front. I was pretty disappointed but it handles like a completely different animal now and sits level. I ordered the mcgaughys 2" drop spindles to get the front to drop where I want it. I'll probably end up having to go lower in the back to get rid of the rake.

I installed this kit a couple weeks ago and I got 2" up front and 3.75" out back. I find it odd that both of you got no drop up front when myself and many others on here got a full 2". I wonder if they sent y'all the wrong parts or something.

Tapout0608

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What's the gap between tire and fender on the front?

Tapout0608

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed this kit a couple weeks ago and I got 2" up front and 3.75" out back. I find it odd that both of you got no drop up front when myself and many others on here got a full 2". I wonder if they sent y'all the wrong parts or something.
It's possible it went down a little. I never measured the front until after. I was going by the 4" the OP had mentioned. Looking back at pictures I have of the truck a few years ago, there's definitely less gap.

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's possible it went down a little. I never measured the front until after. I was going by the 4" the OP had mentioned. Looking back at pictures I have of the truck a few years ago, there's definitely less gap.

Measuring from top of tire to bottom of fender is not consistent among vehicles. I have 24" wheels and 305/35r24 so my measurements would be different than say somebody with 305/45r22 if we were talking tire to fender, that is why it is always best to measure fender to center of hub. I measured fender to center of hub before and after drop and netted exactly 2" of drop.

Aldemar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can anybody fix the pictures on the sticky please! It would help me more, I'm currently doing this install.

Alaskanpeeps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've noticed that on tapitalk I get a lot less pictures then when on the Internet. But in both places I don't see these pics. What a bummer!

oldman55

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 CC 4wd Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like to lower my 2016 Ram so its easier for the wife to get into. But talk of a ruff ride I don't like. Just a 1.5" or 2" front & 3" or so rear. Any ideas on kits and shocks to help this ride?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam