How To Install Mopar Power Tailgate Actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To bring an old thread back to life, but can you do this without replacing the stock locking tailgate? I want to keep the same key...is that possible?

LustinJam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Any luck on getting those pics back up to help us visually stimulated kids?

relliK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco Diesel
To bring an old thread back to life, but can you do this without replacing the stock locking tailgate? I want to keep the same key...is that possible?

Yes, the lock cylinder is still present.

Mathew Verdouw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this is an old thread but I went through the pain of this install today and I can not believe that they still have terrible wiring instructions.

Anyway if anyone else finds this, do not worry about the positions on the TPIM wiring blocks. Instead focus on the wire colors. They are the same for 09-12.

To clarify, the actuator has two wires, 1 to Lock (Black) and 1 to unlock (Red). Those wires need to be piggy-backed off one of the door locks. Where this gets confusing is that the wire positions on the TPIM changed from 09 to 12. Instead just look for the wires on Block E and F. (For my 2012 I had one wire added on each).

Here is a handy guide of the wires you are looking for.

Rear Left Lock - Tan/Violet
Rear Left Unlock - Tan/Orange

Rear Right Lock - Tan/ Dark Blue
Rear Right Unlock - Tan/Light Blue

Passenger Lock - Light Green / Gray
Passenger Unlock - Tan / Brown

Driver Lock - Tan / White
Driver Unlock - Tan / Light Green

There is no real reason you can't mix them up, but I'm a little OCD and prefer to have them on the same door.