How To Install OEM footwell lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
It's a one size fit all.. As long as you have the connector..

mtday

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Has any body tried to add the rear footwell lights too? I think the wiring is under the back seat already, but I couldn't find the parts listed anywhere.

Tat2hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is a must do! Did mine,very easy love it! Thanks so much for this thread!!

Rherman1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
As the thread reads, It is adding the footwell lighting for our trucks.

SoCal Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Well Ram friends, this thread caught my eye because one of the first things I did to my Ram was add aftermarket foot well lights, front and back (as seen in background in pic). So I read through this thread and checked out the link at allmoparparts.com and the description says 09-14. So out I went to look at my OBD2 Port (the frame around it) and just as I thought, this WILL NOT WORK on 2012 Rams. I have a Bighorn 2wd QC but I doubt the model matters. here is a pic so you can judge for yourself.

Attachments

• OBD2-Port.jpg
    OBD2-Port.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 838

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Well Ram friends, this thread caught my eye because one of the first things I did to my Ram was add aftermarket foot well lights, front and back (as seen in background in pic). So I read through this thread and checked out the link at allmoparparts.com and the description says 09-14. So out I went to look at my OBD2 Port (the frame around it) and just as I thought, this WILL NOT WORK on 2012 Rams. I have a Bighorn 2wd QC but I doubt the model matters. here is a pic so you can judge for yourself.

My light cable wan't near the OBD2 port until I put it there. It was tucked up near the firewall and taped to the wire loom. I had to bring it over to where it belonged. The passenger one was way over by the side of the truck behind the trim.

Sent from Skynet terminal 142a5

SoCal Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
My light cable wan't near the OBD2 port until I put it there. It was tucked up near the firewall and taped to the wire loom. I had to bring it over to where it belonged. The passenger one was way over by the side of the truck behind the trim.

Sent from Skynet terminal 142a5

...On a 2014. Your bracket is different accommodating the light. There is no rectangle hole in my bracket to mount the LED. Look at the pic. I would if I could but I have nowhere to put it as you can see. That kit at allmoparparts.com is really nice and that is a nice price. I don't think it will work though. Has anyone with a 2012 and a bracket like mine accomplish this DIY mod? And then there is the question of the rear. Anyone get these under the front seats for rear foot well lighting?

rthorsten

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I got these for Christmas from the wife to find out they will not work on my 2012 express. I did not find the harness's. Can I tap into the lights somehow. Can I just buy the plug and *** my own wires. If so does anyone know the part number for the harness only.

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
2012 Rams seem to not have this harness for the footwell lights.
If you order the I/Panel-Instrument Panel Closeout (Part #68165861AD) it comes with clips and a footwell light already installed with a tiny bezel holding the light on to the panel. This is if your under dash did not originally come with this finishing piece as was the case with my 2012. This will warrant buying another light to complete the set (Part #55057282AB). Plugs for a harness can be obtained off a PC's cooling fan (Small square plugs), which will work with some minor trimming and harness creation. Don't know if the little bezel which holds the light on to the panel is available, but I am looking for a part number to complete install. Hope this helps and hopefully someone will find the bezel part number since part breakdowns are hard to come by.

If you have a 2012 Express and can't find the harnesses under the dash, you could go with something similar to what I have done. I got these (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FEZEVQK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) from AMAZON. I mounted one on each side of the lower center stack and tied them to the dome light wiring in the A pillar. They come one with an open door or the rotary dial and fade just like the dome light. Those, along with my 48 LED dome light replacement, fill the cab with more than enough light.

Footwell lights 12 27 14.jpg