How to make a custom center table

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xpst500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 4X4 QC SB BIG HORN
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since I didnt get the RER radio in my current rruck I decided to transfer over the existing custom table I was using from the last truck. It serves as a laptop table primarily but it could be anything you want to use it for. Bear in mind that I have the bench seats but this can be easily modified to fit any car/truck interior with just a couple of adjustments. The passenger side still has full use of their seat as well as the center jump seat with a couple of adjustments to the center height so their knees would not hit the table.

1869-a.jpg

1870-drivers-view.jpg

1872-dsc07846.jpg

1873-passenger-view.jpg

1874-a.jpg

Here's what you are going to need.
mobile laptop mount from here
Order Form its $49 for the complete kit. Dont bother with the quick disconnect since its just a 1/2in union. It comes with the table, flange. drain hose to cover the pipe, some pipes which depending on how you want it to bend. Just go to home depot and get a couple of different size 1/2in nipples, 45 degree elbow, 90 degree elbow for additional parts where they are so cheap so if you end up with extras just return them to home depot for a refund.

Your own netbook or laptop. Im using the Lenovo S10-3T Tablet. I got it for $420 when it was on sale awhile back. I like it since its a 10.2in touch screen! Feel free to provide your own up to 17in laptop if you like. I would have placed it at the back of the plexiglass but that will be in the way of the a/c knobs and wont be able to twist the screen to the right to face the driver's side. I always gets asked if Im a cop when I go to a drive thru. I just stare at them seriously. My orders dont get messed up everytime. lol!

Velcros about $2 from biglots or anywhere else.

Navigation software from Garmin. I am using Garmin MobilePc its $55 average on ebay.

Now the somewhat hard part not really. The mount is secured using the bolt holding the passenger seat on the left side towards the center. Take that out then put the flange in then the bolt to secure it then start adding the 1/2in steel pipe beginning with the 1/4in nipple then 45 degree elbow then another nipplethen cut the pipecover to lenght and lastlt the bottom half of the union. Try not to tighten everything so far so you can make adjustments which you will do later. Next up is the rest of the mount with the table itself. I would leave that up to you on how you would like best suit your preference. After you are satisfied with the way it looks start tightening everything down and dont forget to put the pipecover on the part with the table mount when you screw in the other half of the union. That's it. Hope you get a good use for this like I did. Bw, theres more pictures of this project in my albums. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
nice! I need to make an iPad mount for the truck. :D

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Will the ipad do navigation?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
i dunno. LOL - I am sure I can find a way for it to do it. :D

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
yeah, I saw some "fishman" or something version in an expedition - neat idea