How to Plasti-Dip your grille and emblems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did a DIY on how to plasti-dip your grille and emblems. Pretty happy with the results and only used 1 can which cost about $5

Overall looks better for my setup with my blacked out wheels :naughty:

https://youtu.be/6EOnFM2VEV4

no%20more%20chrome.png

Nice video man!
I have used P-dip A LOT with my past two trucks and really like the stuff. I am very familiar with the clogging thing and noticed it's usually when the nozzle starts to have dried p-dip covering a small portion of the slit, and just use my thumb nail to really scrape it clean.
First coat looked a little heavy in the video but end product looks solid!

You should check out a product called "Dip Coat" from DYC (dip your car)! It's a spray bottle that turns the matte and tacky plasti dip into a water resistant and really tough coat. I got some for when i p-dipped my bumper and the stuff is pretty incredible and comes off with the dip just as easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-T24NJ_j5Q

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Came out good.

My grill has been dipped for a little over 2 years now.

OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice video man!
I have used P-dip A LOT with my past two trucks and really like the stuff. I am very familiar with the clogging thing and noticed it's usually when the nozzle starts to have dried p-dip covering a small portion of the slit, and just use my thumb nail to really scrape it clean.
First coat looked a little heavy in the video but end product looks solid!

You should check out a product called "Dip Coat" from DYC (dip your car)! It's a spray bottle that turns the matte and tacky plasti dip into a water resistant and really tough coat. I got some for when i p-dipped my bumper and the stuff is pretty incredible and comes off with the dip just as easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-T24NJ_j5Q

Thanks! I'll check it out!

Nice video

Thank you!

Came out good.

My grill has been dipped for a little over 2 years now.

Thanks! Wasn't sure if I would like it but I think it looks better. I almost want to buy the black chrome OEM slats which I think would look pretty badass!!

Jeremy73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Awesome! Been considering doing mine on my 12' lone star, but can't decide cause I have the chrome bumpers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great video brother.

When you did the back tailgate emblem did you find you got any overspray on the tailgate portion that wasn't covered?

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I guess if you're going to do it this way, try the Dupli-color vinyl wrap. It's I guess made to do this.. rather than a tool covering! :)

DwnDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cleaner easier way to do the front end is to remove your grille, and those chrome pieces just pop out. Your emblem also pops out with a few clips and a slight pry to loosen the double sided tape. spray.. reassemble.

derhicks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the vid. Looks great!