How to: Ram Box dividers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doug2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck is equipped with the ram boxes and i was cleaning them out when i notices there were 6 slots 3 on each side in the box so figures someone made dividers for the boxes or something. rather than looking to see if they made them or not i decided to make a little DIY project out of it and make some dividers to keep things neat and organized.

Materials needed: Sheet Metal I used 0.063 T6 Aircraft grade aluminum. that is what we had in abundance at the hangar. Sandpaper to prep the metal and to get rid of any markings if you are going to paint them. Some type of paint or coating if you wanted to make them look a little nicer than just a piece of sheet metal, I used Rustolem truck bed coating to make them a little more rugged looking and match the bed. And you will need some type of rubber sheet (Optional)preferably sticky on one side to make applying better this was used to create a snug fit in between the slots.

Step 1: Measure and mark the distance in between each slot and determine the height that is desired. Cut the pieces out and round the corners so you don't accidentally cut yourself remember kids safety first :waytogo: Make sure to test fit to see if they fit before you move on.
IMG_1477_zpsvv0kxkdf.jpg

Step 2: Prep and paint the dividers if desired.
IMG_1480_zpslrk2xmvy.jpg

IMG_1481_zpsgt5y2yna.jpg

Step 3: Apply the rubber strips. If you cannot find any type of rubber stripping that is sticky on one side you can always use an epoxy or adhesive to apply them. This step is also optional but i didn't want to have a chance of them coming out or rattling.

IMG_1479_zpslyjvcfv6.jpg

IMG_1482_zpsplzlo0ux.jpg

Step 4
: Enjoy your new Ram Box dividers. no more clutters ram boxes. I can easily store nuts bolts etc. in between the dividers and not worry about them moving.

IMG_1486_zps34tknjps.jpg

IMG_1490_zpsheaslctq.jpg

IMG_1491_zps9mzxsb7n.jpg

IMG_1492_zpsqscbogog.jpg

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Great idea. Been thinking of doing the same for mine. Could you measure yours so we know how much material is needed.

I was also thinking of fabbing up the false floor panels too.

This may be a great weekend project.

OP
OP
doug2013

doug2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Absolutely! these are both rough measurements Length is 9.5" and Height is 5". I also used a floor shear that we had in the airframe shop so all of my cuts were extremly precise and uniform down to the 64th. I didn't even notice the false door slots until you mentioned it lol

Pop1312

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here’s the shape I cut mine out of an unused piece kitchen cabinet panel. Used Herculite spray. left the middle one out for longer stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_1655.jpg
    IMG_1655.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 5