How To: Remove & Install New Door + Fender Badges...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just thought I would share what I did today. I removed my stock chrome badges and installed some new badges I got from Ebay.

Red & Black Hemi Badges and all black Ram 1500 badges.

b918037caad7c3c794f4bf22595f9ec5.jpg34ad2ec5960969d7f06a6effbe4cb769.jpgb1b9b67724f337b5a3e24718052ed14e.jpg481596930b48e7a61d89028f8f989934.jpgd2ee8a0c3fcea796ad7ee6e044147b27.jpg096001b13f3dd1ebd46c9a370636be8e.jpg019c7096bbabf1c55ab7e6fff6211826.jpg

If your interested in doing the same, you will definitely need the following items:
• New Badges
• 1 Bottle Of Goo Gone
• 1 Plastic Credit Card or similar PLASTIC scrapper
• Heat Gun (this will make doing this so much easier and quicker)
• 4-6 Microfiber Towels
• Spray Bottle of Soapy Water
• Painters Tape

Before you do anything, run a piece of painters tape along the top edge of the badges/letters you are removing so later on when you put on your new badges they will be straight and in the same location.

Now you can heat up each individual letter or badge with your heat gun. Be careful not to over do it or you can burn/melt the badge. Use your plastic credit card style scrapper and simply slide it behind the letter/emblem after you have warmed it up. It should go rather easily since it's warm.

Once you have removed all the badges, you need to remove the glue left behind. Take your Goo Gone and apply it directly to the glue, making sure to hold a Microfiber underneath the glue to stop the excess Goo Gone from running down the paint. Let the Goo Gone sit on the glue for 2-3 minutes.

Once the 2-3 minutes has passed, use your heat gun and lightly heat the area with the glue. You should only heat 1 letter at a time while you remove the glue with your Microfiber and more Goo Gone if needed, then move to the next letter. Otherwise you will be reheating the glue a bunch of times as you go down the door. If you heat it just right, the glue should come off pretty easy. I didn't heat up the glue on my driverside and it took forever and was extremely difficult. Once i was on the passenger side I used this method and it went alot quicker and smoother.

Once you have removed ALL of the glue, use your spray bottle with the soapy water and a CLEAN microfiber to clean off all of the left behind Goo Gone and debris.

Take your time applying the new emblems. Align them with the painters tape you applied earlier and gently place them where you want them but don't apply any force to them just yet. Make sure you step back and check that they are positioned properly. It helps if you have a friend or buddy stand back a few feet and help you align them properly. If you have no friends or buddy's, then take your time and follow the edge of the painters tape. If you just kind of "place" them on loosely, you can step back and check them and if they need to be moved or realigned it won't be difficult to remove them.

Once you have your new badges where you want them, use a clean microfiber and push on them being careful not to push to hard and dent your truck. It's best to lightly warm them up with the heat gun before applying them, but not necessary.

If your 21+, now would be a good time to open a beer, sit back, and enjoy your new badges. If your -21, open up a nice Fresca, sit back and enjoy your new badges.

Sent from hell via TapATalk

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Another way to remove badges is to use fishing line instead of a plastic tool. The fishing line line is less abrasive. The other products are fine. Once all the sticky residue is gone, I would do an ipa wipe to ensure the surface is ready for the new badges. Just my opinion

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Another way to remove badges is to use fishing line instead of a plastic tool. The fishing line line is less abrasive. The other products are fine. Once all the sticky residue is gone, I would do an ipa wipe to ensure the surface is ready for the new badges. Just my opinion

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
Yea I guess wiping it with an alcohol pad would help. I used nice warm soapy water. I have heard of the fishing line method but I didn't have any laying around to try it. I ended up using a plastic "credit card sized" card they came in a kit I bought to apply vinyls to cars.

Either way. I used the same method on my last truck and the badges stayed on for the 3 remaining months I had it.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How To: Remove & Install New Door + Fender Badges...

d9fe14c82d875a4ccbd4156ddde4a566.jpg

Shoulda gone later 4th gen style lol. Yours look ok...little long for the door IMO lol.
Heat gun and fishing line. Decals fall right off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
d9fe14c82d875a4ccbd4156ddde4a566.jpg

Shoulda gone later 4th gen style lol. Yours look ok...little long for the door IMO lol.

Yea I realized after I did it that I should have stacked them... I'm probably going to order a new set and redo them. They were only $30 for both.

WillO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you going to black the wheels or change them? I think it would look tons better [emoji1305]

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you going to black the wheels or change them? I think it would look tons better [emoji1305]

I think if we did a poll on here everyone would vote to get rid of those hideous rims LMAO. [emoji23][emoji23]. I'm with you though, at least black them out.

WillO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think if we did a poll on here everyone would vote to get rid of those hideous rims LMAO. [emoji23][emoji23]. I'm with you though, at least black them out.

Each to their own and I respect other people preferences. However these are the ugliest ******* things I have ever seen, they could make any vehicle look bad.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963