HOW TO: Replace exhaust manifold studs VIDEO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smithj603

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 BigHorn CC
Engine
Great vid- has anyone looked into an alternate brand (ARP or similar) that might not shear as easily? My guess is they don't exist by the looks of the special studs. Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Great vid- has anyone looked into an alternate brand (ARP or similar) that might not shear as easily? My guess is they don't exist by the looks of the special studs. Thanks for sharing

I definitely looked into this. ARP has bolts that will work but the issue is trying to retain the very specific setup that dodge has for mounting the stock heatshields. Especially here in CA it wasn't an option to start tinkering the with the exhaust.

If you don't care about keeping the headshields I would definitely go ARP

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Good how to video. My video would be me driving it to the exhaust shop and then a montage of me getting a ride home, eating lunch, getting a ride back, paying and then driving home.

OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good how to video. My video would be me driving it to the exhaust shop and then a montage of me getting a ride home, eating lunch, getting a ride back, paying and then driving home.

That sounds 100000x more exciting and enjoyable than my video!

This was a pain in the ass :roflsquared:

Reactions: BWL

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yeah, I know. I did both sides years ago on an F150 I had and swore I'd never do it again.

Ryan J

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Laramie limited
Engine
5.7 hemi
Im having this issue aswell. Ive seen some guys are going with headers instead of replacing with oem equipment. I want to fix the problem so it doesnt happen again. Instead of fixing what the problem caused and it happening again. Has anybody that installed headers have this happen again?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Happy New year to you all!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

wolver1385

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
this video should be included with the truck during every sale.......great work man, now i just gotta get myself to take a weekend a do it. that tick is embarrassing (until the truck warms up and it goes away)

OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
this video should be included with the truck during every sale.......great work man, now i just gotta get myself to take a weekend a do it. that tick is embarrassing (until the truck warms up and it goes away)

haha thanks brother!