How to turn Seatbelt Chime off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

salibas007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tried this on a 4th gen with push start/stop, and it worked like a charm.. Wow. This is awesome.. And to think that a few years back I had posted a similar question on an Acura forum and people were chewing me alive for even posting such a question, and how if they answered me I could eventually sue them had I gotten in a serious accident without wearing the seatbelt.

smokedya

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 1500 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
How long does it not work for,or do you have to go threw the steps everytime you get in the truck? And how do you get it to chime again? :ryu-cvs-hadoken-a:

haybale

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How long does it not work for,or do you have to go threw the steps everytime you get in the truck? And how do you get it to chime again? :ryu-cvs-hadoken-a:

Sorry, I didn't realize you posted in the 3rd gen section, I miss a lot on tapatalk! It might still work though, my uncle had a 05, and he said he was able to turn his off.

You just have to go through those steps once. If you want to turn the chime back on, do it again.

Livinalittle

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport, 6 speed, 4x4, 3.92
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Tried this on a 4th gen with push start/stop, and it worked like a charm.. Wow. This is awesome.. And to think that a few years back I had posted a similar question on an Acura forum and people were chewing me alive for even posting such a question, and how if they answered me I could eventually sue them had I gotten in a serious accident without wearing the seatbelt.

I have a push button ignition aswell and mine doesn't seem to want to take. Did you do the steps but instead of turning the ignition off you started the engine? That's the only step that doesn't seem to translate for us.

Quigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you have to be sitting in the seat with the door closed to do this, or can it be done standing outside with the door open.

Omicron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have to be sitting in the seat with the door closed to do this, or can it be done standing outside with the door open.
First step "1. sitting in the truck buckle the seat belt." I'd take that as sitting in the truck, with the door closed. If it doesn't work, try it with the door open.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Not sure where I came across this but it appears to be dealer info (mine originally told me it couldn't be done). It's pretty much the same as the OP, but may help with additional detail. Worked on my 2013 1500 SLT.

Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be enabled or disabled by your authorized dealer or by following these steps:

NOTE: The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON or START position. DaimlerChrysler does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert).

1. With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any position EXCEPT On or Start, buckle the driver's seat belt.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3. Within 60 seconds of turning the ignition switch to the ON position, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver's seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

NOTE: Watch for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn on while unbuckling and off while re-buckling the seat belt. It may be necessary to retract the seat belt.

4. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Will this work on a 04 1500?

I know this will work......
It's a toggle switch that interrupts the door switch which kills the "Ding Ding".

img2011060600125.jpg

OlBlue04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It worked. Awesome stuff right there thanks

Timberwolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
This does work on the 2014s as well, but even without the chimes the EVIC still flashes the seatbelt Warnings. I find that annoying.

I, like u also found this to be annoying and looked to find a remedy. The remedy I found was on ebay. It was a seatbelt extension. This will remove the chime and fool the EVIC to think the seatbelt is fasten on a 2014. No more chimes and no more drivers side or passenger side seat belt messages.

Crazy4info

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tried it several times in my 14 1500. No luck. No chime after. I'm in the truck. Door closed. Buckle up. Turn to run. Let red seatbelt light go out. Unbuckle,buckle three times. Turn to off. No chime or anything.

Omicron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tried it several times in my 14 1500. No luck. No chime after. I'm in the truck. Door closed. Buckle up. Turn to run. Let red seatbelt light go out. Unbuckle,buckle three times. Turn to off. No chime or anything.
I managed to get this to work in my 2014 Ram 1500. Here's what I did.

1. Got in, closed all doors. NO key in ignition.

2. Buckled the driver's seat belt. Waited about 1 minute for all lights to go off that would.

3. Turned the ignition switch to the ON position and waited for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

4. Immediately unbuckled and then re-buckled the driver's seat belt 3 times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled. I let it fully retract each time between unbuckle-rebuckle cycles.

5. Turned the ignition switch to the LOCK position but did not remove it from the ignition just yet. Wait, and a single chime sounded signifying that I had successfully completed the programming. Once I heard it, I then removed the key.​

It's worth noting that the EVIC still displays a warning if a seat belt isn't bucked, but the chime never sounds.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Crazy4info

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I managed to get this to work in my 2014 Ram 1500. Here's what I did.

1. Got in, closed all doors. NO key in ignition.

2. Buckled the driver's seat belt. Waited about 1 minute for all lights to go off that would.

3. Turned the ignition switch to the ON position and waited for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

4. Immediately unbuckled and then re-buckled the driver's seat belt 3 times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled. I let it fully retract each time between unbuckle-rebuckle cycles.

5. Turned the ignition switch to the LOCK position but did not remove it from the ignition just yet. Wait, and a single chime sounded signifying that I had successfully completed the programming. Once I heard it, I then removed the key.​

It's worth noting that the EVIC still displays a warning if a seat belt isn't bucked, but the chime never sounds.

Hope this helps.

What do ya know. It worked! Thanks!

CraneGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tried this yesterday and worked great on my 14 Ram Sport. Thanks...great for when driving down the field.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

kcdt58

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As everyone else has said, I tried this and it worked like a charm. No more annoying dings when I'm just travelling a couple of blocks.