INFO - 2013-2018 8.4A /AN FW Notes (RA3/VP3-NA & RA4/VP4-NA & UAx)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
App links and initializes then it says this ....1ba79df64cb2d0c63113d9034777ec8b.jpg

Guy at nav repair did mention to me that apps won't work unless you have uconnect....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL. I get this same error message when I attempted a couple of time to get those apps working. My 8.4 is stock that came with the truck .

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

hankRam2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Interesting. I'm assuming you don't have uconnect subscribed. That would verify what navrepair said. They said those apps are associated /verified with uconnect.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting. I'm assuming you don't have uconnect subscribed. That would verify what navrepair said. They said those apps are associated /verified with uconnect.

What does subscribed exactly mean? I can use it online meaning log into uconnect and I also use the app on my android to lock and unlock the truck ( used it once ).

hankRam2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
INFO - 2013, 2014, 2015 8.4AN FW Notes (RA4/VP4 NA)

Why don't you call them and ask them why your getting no active subscription? It may answer some questions for us ? I was assuming I got because I don't have uconnect. However if your getting, calling may answer all our questions as to what is required to have apps..I mean you can unlock and legitimately have it so ....
Ps. Thanks in advance for your time

Last edited:

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
That's my guess as well, but the data usage is through my phone not thru them. I think they are just being aholes about the whole business, there is absolutely no reason we can not use the apps except they won't let us, when you use them there is no cost to them at all, Pandora etc are free anyway and it does not use their network at all.

Really funny too the only way they could have disabled my Via mobile apps was to send some sort code to my radio, or when you launch one of the via mobile apps it has to now get authenticated on their server. So lets see they say I cannot connect to them but they connect to me oh really. That in itself proves they are full of crap when they say our trucks won't work with uconnect.

Just another reason why I think this is my first and last Fiat truck.

Jared you used the via mobile apps on my radio? I asked you before and you told me no, that when you had the radio they were not on there?

http://www.ramforum.com/f75/diy_5_0_8_4_navigation_upgrade-64564/index60.html
Sorry, I meant on the radio I pulled from my truck. The one that is screwed. One of these days I may send it to maybe get fixed.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why don't you call them and ask them why your getting no active subscription? It may answer some questions for us ? I was assuming I got because I don't have uconnect. However if your getting, calling may answer all our questions as to what is required to have apps..I mean you can unlock and legitimately have it so ....
Ps. Thanks in advance for your time
Let's verify this before calling anyone. Tell me exactly what I'm supposed to do to get this working. I believe last time I tried ,accessory position was ON in truck, Bluetooth was paired with phone. Went into apps on uconnect and pressed iheart radio and got this message. Is this it?

hankRam2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
INFO - 2013, 2014, 2015 8.4AN FW Notes (RA4/VP4 NA)

Let's verify this before calling anyone. Tell me exactly what I'm supposed to do to get this working. I believe last time I tried ,accessory position was ON in truck, Bluetooth was paired with phone. Went into apps on uconnect and pressed iheart radio and got this message. Is this it?

Yes sir but when app is open on phone click the app your using i.e. I heart and login ..then they should say linked and are linked at that point. From there it should work ?

If anyone else has any info please chime in..thanks

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
You have to;
1. Go on at least one of the 4 apps websites an create a free account.
2. Download the uconnect app to your phone which it sounds like you already did.
3. Launch the app on your phone, while in your truck.
4. You then select via mobile apps and they will show as unlinked.
5. Select the app you signed up for an link it
6. Launch that app on the radio

screen568x568.jpg

Last edited:

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just loops, can't get it to to control iheart radio via the 8.4 sceen. App store says trial is included, when I attempt run app it says I need to renew my iheart subscription. Etc etc. Even thought iheart is logged in under my details and running on phone.

Last edited:

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
You are not supposed to launch iheart on the phone, don't even open the iheart app. Just open the uconnect app on your phone and make sure you have iheart linked and that the status icon is green and says ready to use on the uconnect app on your phone like the picture I posted, then launch the iheart app on the radio.

Last edited:

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
I liked it being able to control it thru the truck vrs controlling it through the phone. So you had to delete it from your favorite apps and then add it. I likely cannot do that once I delete it I will have no way to get it back.

Thanks

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I liked it being able to control it thru the truck vrs controlling it through the phone. So you had to delete it from your favorite apps and then add it. I likely cannot do that once I delete it I will have no way to get it back.

Thanks
Yes, I had to remove it and add it back.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Now I am very sure useless connect did something I no longer can use YELP either. When I try I get the same message, "no active subscription go to the uconnect store etc". Is anyone else still able to use yelp?

I'm sure they will never tell exactly what they did, but I think based on what Limey had to do that they sent out a push over the cellular network. In that push they added a subroutine to the software that requires your radio to authenticate on their server to use the via mobile or Yelp apps. The server will then reject all current radios that do not have the latest app. Then you need to go to the uconnect store and re-download the app containing the required authentication.

Last edited:

GoatLocker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Now I am very sure useless connect did something I no longer can use YELP either. When I try I get the same message, "no active subscription go to the uconnect store etc". Is anyone else still able to use yelp?

I'm guessing the only way to get it working is to pay, and even that might not be an option. I know the "free trial" for apps is supposed to be 5 years, but that account gets deleted when the radio is initialized with a new VIN.