INFO - 2013-2018 8.4A /AN FW Notes (RA3/VP3-NA & RA4/VP4-NA & UAx)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
What's the actual PN of the radio you have?

Do you have AlfaOBD?

M² Mods.

Last edited:

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I updated my radio UAQ nav that I got from infotainment to the latest version posted here 22.6? It was from a 2018 ram. I’m having a couple issues where all the temps are in Celsius and I can’t change it in the settings menu also noticed that when changing temperature using the hard buttons, it only goes to high or low can’t go up one degree. Anyone have any ideas? It’s kinda annoying now. Ugh. I thought it would fix a couple issues but now it seems

things I tried..

constantly changing settings back
Remove both batteries for 10 mins

Infotainment has a vendor section on this forum. https://www.ramforum.com/forums/infotainment-com.169/

Perhaps they could help with the update / HVAC issue.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Yellowfinii

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Still don't know the actual on of the radio you got (68331xxx?)

Did your 15 ram 2500 come with factory 8.4 and dual zone ATC? (ie Laramie or higher)?

M² Mods.

Didn't see that question .. part number is 68331631AF

OEM is a Laramie came with 8.4 and dual zone

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
That's definitely a valid ram UAQ radio PN.

and did you swap out the HVAC module in your 15ram 2500 for the 2018 version (68366553AA module) or keep the original 68105017Ax HVAC module? (It shouldn't matter unless the original one has failed).

You may be able to set the HVAC configuration to single zone MTC and then back to the factory setting of dual zone ATC with AlfaOBD... May get it squared away.
(Recommended this to Cesar Reyes also).

RESET YOUR HVAC Configuration:
Connect with AlfaOBD and go back and set your truck (Ecu Config 3) HVAC Configuration back to: Single Zone MTC
Then disconnect AlfaOBD, Shudown the truck, let it go to sleep… and pull the 20A inline Radio fuse near the brake booster at the firewall (2 minutes) to force a radio reset.

Next… Get back in and switch the truck to “run” without starting. Wait for UAQ to reset… it’s done when the SXM button appears and the Backup Camera works again.
Check the HVAC on screen menu… it should show the Single Zone temp slider without the temp readout .

Set Dual Zone ATC:
Connect back up with AlfaOBD, HVAC Configuration back to: DUAL ZONE ATC
Then disconnect AlfaOBD, Shudown the truck, let it go to sleep… and pull the 20A inline Radio fuse near the brake booster at the firewall (2 minutes) to force a radio reset. (yes again)

Next… Get back in and switch the truck to “run” without starting. Wait for UAQ to reset… it’s done when the SXM button appears and the Backup Camera works again.
Check the HVAC on screen menu… it should show both Dual Zone ATC Temp sliders with the temp readouts. (now your back to original config).

If that doesn't get it, you can try a new 2018 2500 module, swap back in the original RAx radio, etc and just have to try more detailed steps to isolate the problem.

M² Mods.

Yellowfinii

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

and did you swap out the HVAC module in your 15ram 2500 for the 2018 version (68366553AA module) or keep the original 68105017Ax HVAC module? (It shouldn't matter unless the original one has failed).

You may be able to set the HVAC configuration to single zone MTC and then back to the factory setting of dual zone ATC with AlfaOBD... May get it squared away.

Connect with AlfaOBD and go back and set your truck (Ecu Config 3) HVAC Configuration back to: Single Zone MTC
Then disconnect AlfaOBD, Shudown the truck, let it go to sleep… and pull the 20A inline Radio fuse near the brake booster at the firewall (2 minutes) to force a radio reset.

Check the HVAC on screen menu… it should show the Single Zone temp slider without the temp readout .

Set Dual Zone ATC:
Then disconnect AlfaOBD, Shudown the truck, let it go to sleep… and pull the 20A inline Radio fuse near the brake booster at the firewall (2 minutes) to force a radio reset. (yes again)

Check the HVAC on screen menu… it should show both Dual Zone ATC Temp sliders with the temp readouts. (now your back to original config).

If that doesn't get it, you can try a new 2018 2500 module, swap back in the original RAx radio, etc and just have to try more detailed steps to isolate the problem.

M² Mods.
I did not swap out the HVAC module. Infotainment gave me some module to use that goes between the radio and harness.

I'll try this procedure at some point when its not so wet outside by me.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I did not swap out the HVAC module. Infotainment gave me some module to use that goes between the radio and harness.

I'll try this procedure at some point when its not so wet outside by me.
They likely included the 4c Seat interface module/T-harness to make the seats work correctly with the UAQ/UAS radio menus. (Which I forgot about).. .

Since, you should have the hardware seat buttons on your Laramie below the radio, you can also try disconnecting the T-harness and seat module... Then doing a reset of the radio at the fuse and see what happens (battery disconnect may be better for this). Seats should still work with hardware buttons.

*Side note: the actual HVAC module is behind the pass air vent. You can get to it by removing the end dash cover and lower glove box.

M² Mods.

Yellowfinii

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Set Dual Zone ATC:

M² Mods.

So, under eco config 3, I don't see an HVAC configuration option.

This is under BCM > Car configuration > through all the options.

Again, 2015 ram 2500.. I select the 2015 Ram Powernet option

Edit, Got it fixed... I turned off the units customer set menu and that seemed to make it happy. either that or I selected a theme from the standard connect theme. Unfortunately did both of those at the same time so I'm not sure which one triggered it.

Last edited:

Enf0rc3r570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi. I've been going through the 100+ pages on this thread. Thank you for all the things you've done. I have an issue with my radio. I have a 2013 1500 Big Horn 8.4 touchscreen, no Nav. It was working fine, then it one day it just got stuck on the ram logo screen. The backup camera still works, but it just stays on the logo screen or blank otherwise. I tried downloading the uconnect update, the most recent was 18.XX. When I plug the USB drive in, it does nothing. Any suggestions? Thanks again.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi. I've been going through the 100+ pages on this thread. Thank you for all the things you've done. I have an issue with my radio. I have a 2013 1500 Big Horn 8.4 touchscreen, no Nav. It was working fine, then it one day it just got stuck on the ram logo screen. The backup camera still works, but it just stays on the logo screen or blank otherwise. I tried downloading the uconnect update, the most recent was 18.XX. When I plug the USB drive in, it does nothing. Any suggestions? Thanks again.
Try a soft reset by pushing the volume and browse buttons simultaneously for around five or ten seconds until the radio reboots. You can also try disconnecting the battery waiting 15 or 20 minutes and see if it helps.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Another option... do you know what sw version it was on before the crash? Try the 13ram ra3 v17.43.01 update from post 9. You may have to leave the USB in the port for a day or two for it to complete and/or restore the radio's previous config (some have had success doing this), and then remove the USB stick. You could also try this with v18.45.01 before trying the previous version (18.45.x req's 17.x before the update though).

Enf0rc3r570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried that with the 18.xx version, but I'll format the USB and try it again with the 17.xx.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Some have found these radios are sensitive to the brand of USB stick. Off brands have resulted in not being detected. I think Kingston and Patriot are the recommended brands. Make sure it is formatted for FAT32.

Enf0rc3r570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is the same stick I used to upgrade from 15.xx to 16.xx, so its not the stick. Thanks though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atomota