INFO - 2013-2018 8.4A /AN FW Notes (RA3/VP3-NA & RA4/VP4-NA & UAx)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

enolS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I've found a donor vehicle that I want some part off of. I'm new to this game and my OBD link is in the mail. I currently have a 16 ram 1500 tradesmen. The donor vehicle is a 18 ram 1500 big horn. I want to strip the cluster and radio. Does anyone know of an immediate..that wont work! And what else should I watch out for? My current radio is without uconnect. I'm not familiar with all the terminology..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I've found a donor vehicle that I want some part off of. I'm new to this game and my OBD link is in the mail. I currently have a 16 ram 1500 tradesmen. The donor vehicle is a 18 ram 1500 big horn. I want to strip the cluster and radio. Does anyone know of an immediate..that wont work! And what else should I watch out for? My current radio is without uconnect. I'm not familiar with all the terminology..

Off the top of my head I think you should grab the HVAC module and radio bezel (if you hadn't already planned to)...

Others can chime in on compatibility...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

enolS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Off the top of my head I think you should grab the HVAC module and radio bezel (if you hadn't already planned to)...

Others can chime in on compatibility...

HVAC module? Didnt cross my mind what is it. The bezel did, thanks!

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

It's needed to make the HVAC controls work with the new bezel and radio. It's located on the front passenger side. I believe @Mpgrimm2 has posted pictures of it and it's location in this thread. He's also the vendor that can make a wiring harness for you to complete this upgrade.

If you can't find the pictures I'll snap some later today and post them here.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

While I'm thinking about it the USB hub might be something you want to snag too.

Again, I'll let others comment on if these 2018 parts will work on your 2016.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
While I'm thinking about it the USB hub might be something you want to snag too.

Again, I'll let others comment on if these 2018 parts will work on your 2016.

Just definitely crab the hub also... Looking for PN xxxxx704Ax

HVAC module is behind passenger side air vent. Remove lower glove box and end dash panel. Should end in either xxxxx552 or 553 can't recall which one is the 1500

M² Mods.

enolS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just definitely crab the hub also... Looking for PN xxxxx704Ax

HVAC module is behind passenger side air vent. Remove lower glove box and end dash panel. Should end in either xxxxx552 or 553 can't recall which one is the 1500

M² Mods.
Thanks, I found your photo of it (HVAC module). The donor is at a salvage yard. I'm hoping I can get in and do it myself. Friend of a friend situation.

I checked the VIN on the uconnect website and it didn't list any needed updates.

From what I can tell it's an 8.4 unit with Nav.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Thanks, I found your photo of it (HVAC module). The donor is at a salvage yard. I'm hoping I can get in and do it myself. Friend of a friend situation.

I checked the VIN on the uconnect website and it didn't list any needed updates.

Threads you may want to reference...

How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM.

- DIY: 2013+ RA3/RA4 8.4" Radio Conversion Upgrade.

How to Add Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) to a Manual Temperature Control Truck.

INFO - 2013-2017 8.4AN FW Notes (RA4/VP4 NA).

M² Mods.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

That's a great situation to be in! While your at it do you have power seats?[emoji6]

enolS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That's a great situation to be in! While your at it do you have power seats?[emoji6]

Haha no I don't but I'm certainly picking up what your putting down!

enolS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'll check into those. I'm trying my hardest to not be that person who doesn't search or google. Just sometimes cumbersome with hundreds of posts and unfamiliar terminology. So I greatly appreciate you guys and gals.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'll check into those. I'm trying my hardest to not be that person who doesn't search or google. Just sometimes cumbersome with hundreds of posts and unfamiliar terminology. So I greatly appreciate you guys and gals.

I get it. This forum is good for information and for answers instead of responses to Google it...

Just so you know, @Mpgrimm2 and @DeereGuy can get you a power seats harness too and it's a pretty easy upgrade (I did just the driver seat).

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

If you want to discuss anything by phone, private message me your number and I'll try to call between 12-2pm EST.

Mike G.

M² Mods.

enolS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
If you want to discuss anything by phone, private message me your number and I'll try to call between 12-2pm EST.

Mike G.

M² Mods.
I'll definitely take that opportunity once I get the items especially if I need to order some wiring from you.

Is there a way to tell what kind of unit it is based on the vin or do I have to wait like a child on Christmas? I'm in NC for vacation and wont be able to get the unit until Monday at the earliest.

I've read through those referenced forums, from what I can tell it seems as long as the mount is correct, I have little BCM work aside from the media hub.

How do I tell what speed fan I have?

enolS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You can generate a window sticker using the vin, by adding the vin to the end is this URL (note that the vin needs to be all caps) here:
https://www.ramtrucks.com/hostc/windowSticker.do?vin=

Window sticker should show the type of head unit.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Sticker says Uconnect 4C with 8.4 display. Doesnt mention navigation. My assumption [emoji15]is that is a Panasonic unit.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2018+ will be a Panasonic unit.

Pretty sure it would say nav if it had it. Maybe under another section of the window sticker though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Has anybody tried to install a Vp2rfp out of the jeep compass
It looks like it has Apple CarPlay and android auto but no cell phone service and The connector in the back looks the same this is a Late 2017 early 2018 radio only
Part # 68292822AJ