INFO - 2013-2018 8.4A /AN FW Notes (RA3/VP3-NA & RA4/VP4-NA & UAx)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Based on that rev E TSB , the 2018 ram UAQ is finally getting updated to application version 22.6 like the UAS did with rev D almost 5 months ago.

Definitely need to find a source for those files too.

M² Mods.

Maybe FCA does QA testing on the Canadians trucks before unleashing it on the US trucks. :D

John W Donnelly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
I am having issues accessing my Travel Link. I updated my 68224537AE to the latest version 17.43.01 or whatever it is and now I don't see anything for Travel Link. I know it exists because a storm came in and I got an alert and when I clicked on view, then I was able to view the radar and everything but there is no app or link to access it otherwise. Has anyone else seen this?

I also noticed that in the XM Subscription settings, the only subscription I see is my XM, there is nothing else listed as subscribed or unsubscribed.

Hawk11nw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hope this is the right forum for this question.

I have installed a UAQ from a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Part No. 68366554AA. Has Application Version USA-IR-21.9.0-20180516-109V. This is installed in a 2014 RAM 1500 Sport.
I had some time to kill so I was browsing for wrecked Jeeps looking for a VIN that might have an update available. I got lucky and got a hit on the Uconnect update page. I was able to download an update: UCONNECT_8.4_IR21.10_MY18JL_VP4R_USA. This also contains a map pack. Im looking for input\advice on whether this,

1, Has anyone done this?

2, Would this work on my part number?

3, Is it worth doing?

4, Is it possible to back up the current config in case there’s an issue and roll it back ( I don’t think so from what Ive read but just wanted to verify) Thank you in advance,

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hope this is the right forum for this question.

I have installed a UAQ from a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Part No. 68366554AA. Has Application Version USA-IR-21.9.0-20180516-109V. This is installed in a 2014 RAM 1500 Sport.
I had some time to kill so I was browsing for wrecked Jeeps looking for a VIN that might have an update available. I got lucky and got a hit on the Uconnect update page. I was able to download an update: UCONNECT_8.4_IR21.10_MY18JL_VP4R_USA. This also contains a map pack. Im looking for input\advice on whether this,

1, has anyone done this?

2, would this work on my part number?

3, is it worth doing?

4, Is it possible to back up the current config in case there’s an issue and roll it back ( I don’t think so from what Ive read but just wanted to verify) Thank you in advance,

That update is not for your radio.

Note the VP4R. That is for an RA4/VP4 radio, not a UAx.

Im not quite sure where the UAx firmware files are available from, but they dont seem to be hosted on the drive uconnect site like the RA4/RA4 files.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
That update is not for your radio.

Note the VP4R. That is for an RA4/VP4 radio, not a UAx.

Im not quite sure where the UAx firmware files are available from, but they dont seem to be hosted on the drive uconnect site like the RA4/RA4 files.
Thank you @chrisbh17! I appreciate the response, I should have caught that=/. Back to the drawing board so to speak =)

Use that vin to verify the build sheet/radio info using the link below. There's some ambiguity on the actual sales codes vs model numbers on the 2018+ Panasonic radios. That file name looks like a UAx radio file.

(Copy this)
http://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=

copy this link and then paste into a web browser address bar, add your vin# to the end, after the "=" hit Enter.

It's possible that's a Jeep UAQ radio as you thought. The sides of the radios actually have vp4r-A on the sticker. If the SW is compatible it may flash. Otherwise it normally would not allow it ... But you are flashing it in a ram truck with a different USB hub/driver and may run into an issue... Nothing guaranteed.

I believe there are likely newer v22.6 SW versions available that would be a better reason to attempt it.

M² Mods.
e00fcc0337f9fb7d2e888f1dddcdecb7.jpg

Last edited:

Hawk11nw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey no worries @chrisbh17 , I just appreciate the input=)
@Mpgrimm2
used that link, under optional equipment it just shows 8.4 Radio and Premium Audio Group,
My radio shows this. Capture.JPG so thats a positive=)
I am using the Jeep compass HUB if that makes a difference or not. If 22.6 is the latest package Im surprised that didnt show as the software available, but thats just the I.T. guy in me thinking haha. Is 22.6 available for download? Thank you again for all the great info!

Last edited:

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I have the new 22.6 file for UAQ radios. I'm uploading it now to MediaFire. For what it worth, the uncompressed folder is labeled "VPR4_Update"

Hawk11nw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@MJockey Thank you so much!! I apologize for all the questions but im curious, what are possible ramifications if i tried to load the map_package from the 21.9 zip file with the 22.6 upgrade that MJockey provided? Is there anything that attaches the map_package to the software version? if not I have a relatively new map_package if anyone is interested, over 8 gigs though.. Thanks again =)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I have the new 22.6 file for UAQ radios. I'm uploading it now to MediaFire. For what it worth, the uncompressed folder is labeled "VPR4_Update"

Thanks MJockey!
If you get the chance, can you get the MD5 checksum of the file you have and let me know so I can verify I have a valid download of your file?

Looks like a few folks have already used it to update their radios, so I'm comfortable adding it (see his post and others starting at 1322 here). Went ahead and updated post 8 with the UAQ v22.6 file, TSB and MD5 on my download (uploaded to my MF account).

- v22.6 UAQ Fw Link (Good Version) and Update Directions Link
List of changes: 18 Ram UAx v22.6 TSB 08-016-19 Rev_E.pdf (directions also)
MD5: DB57954F61188EC9D9907711B37BABCF

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Thanks MJockey!
If you get the chance, can you get the MD5 checksum of the file you have and let me know so I can verify I have a valid download of your file?

MD5: DB57954F61188EC9D9907711B37BABCF

Jalsaeed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello can you guys help me check if I need an update? I have just installed a UAQ from a Chrysler on my Ram. I can't get radio to output audio but over Bluetooth no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rudey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Follow up from discussion in How to Install a 2018 4c Thread

Your application version appears to be v29.2.0 ? (Vs 22.6)
Is your truck a 4th gen or 5th gen?
Are you running a USA UAS radio Canadian?
Does your radio PN end in xxxxx635Ax ?
(Is it from a ram or Jeep vehicle?)

PS: here a link ... Please see the full post...
8.4 fw/Info thread post 8 for the 18 UAx radios.
(Don't want to clutter up this thread).

M² Mods.

• Below is a pic of the system info page showing the software and application versions.
  • My Truck is a USA - 2016 Ram 1500 so 4th gen.
  • I purchased the radio off of ebay, the seller was located in the USA, but looking at the App version, I am guessing its actually Canadian. Looking up the VIN the seller gave me shows the donor truck was a 2018 Dodge RAM 1500 SLT manufactured in WARREN, MICHIGAN, UNITED STATES (USA), not sure that means anything though.
  • To get the part number I will have to remove the unit, so I will post an update.
  • UPDATE: Took the unit out Canadian Part No. 68461748AA
  • Radio was sold as for a Ram, however when it first booted it flashed the jeep logo and then after reboot it had the ram logo. I will confirm once I get the part number.
If it is canadian, am I out of luck or should I be looking the canadian firmware?
IMG_0150.jpg

Last edited:

Jalsaeed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello can you guys help me check if I need an update? I have just installed a UAQ from a Chrysler on my Ram. I can't get radio to output audio but over Bluetooth no issues

IMG_4026.JPG

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Some interesting findings with my 17 300 UAQ. I checked with the donor VIN a few weeks ago and there were no updates on the UConnect site, but even I was on my computer earlier I saw the files and remembered I downloaded two earlier this year, versions 16.8 and 16.11 (both came up at the same time). I tried to install 16.11 abs it said it was incompatible, so I figured maybe both were provided because 16.8 was a prerequisite. While I waited for it to copy, I popped in the 22.6 from post 8. Surprisingly, it popped up asking if I wanted to update, so I went for broke. By some miracle, it actually completes and booted back up.

I now had many more dodge themes, but no RAM ones even though I had changed my BCM back prior to the update. After a key cycle I got the RAN sonata screen, though. I played around a bit and it looks like the cargo cam is fixed as well (it’s not wired in but I can now switch between blank screen and tailgate can with the buttons like on my RA4). I decided to pull the fuse to force a reconfig. That got me the RAM themes, but I lost Sirius, cargo cam, seats, single zone climate, etc.

I think this is promising though. The update took and didn’t brick. I think with a few sleep cycles it will come back. Fingers crossed!

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It looks like after sleeping the radio learned all the settings again. One issue I had was that I lost my ATC, but I realized I broke the HVAV config setting when I switched the brand back to RAM. I set it back now and the ATC hard button now turns the system on and the screen shows it’s in AUTO, but the temp control and display on the screen are broken. I’m assuming that’s because the HVAC module picked up the change back to ATC but the radio hasn’t yet.

If that sorts itself out, the only issue I can see is that my nav appears to have broken. It just sits on the “loading” screen now and the clock is wrong (it’s showing UTC time which means it’s getting a time signal from the satellites but can’t compute the location). Since it appears the hardware is working, I don’t think it’s a driver issue. My best guess is it’s a map database issue. The update I installed didn’t include a map database, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the one I had is incompatible. I now need to decide if I should try installing the last version and then this one again, taking the map files from the last update and putting them on a stick with this firmware, or just leaving it. I set the clock manually and I’ve used nav maybe once or twice since I’ve had it and only because my cable was being flaky and CarPlay wouldn’t work. The OCD part of me wants it 100%, but the practical part says not to push my luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963