Inner Cv Axle Seal Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

streetdreams911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey Guys! First post here and hoping someone can help with my problem..
I had to change my front PS CV axle, HUb assembly and the seal that seats on the stub hub since there was a minor leak. Got everything a part but when I got to the seal and couldnt get it out. It seem like there is a small steel plate with two bolts holding it in place so i tried to take it off but I was bending it to ****. Clearly I was doing something wrong. Any help on this?!

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I replaced my right hub the other week. I bought the Chiltons manual after struggling to get the darn CV off the axel. (hint, remove the top ball joint).

To clarify your question, from the image below, you are tryin to get underneath the plate that is on the Differential that surrounds where the splined axel goes into the differential? the one with 4 bolt holes but only two bolts? If so, I dont know how to remove it as I was told to by a friend (incorrectly i might add) and yes, the tabs bend once the bolts are removed and they are pried underneath.

2014-12-06112811.jpg