Install of oem tow hooks on a 14 Express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That's a bit ridiculous considering this was a limited run that no one else is making but whatever...I wonder if our PMs still work?

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Sucks that if he can't sell them off, he could be SOL on the cost of the materials.

To avoid running afoul of forum rules, I had sets on ebay from the batch i made. Ran the auction twice for a month each time and never got the slightest interest.

If anyone has his contact info, they could suggest that he list them on ebay. Then interested members would know where to look to buy a set.

akordboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The weather has not been conducive to getting things painted here (almost non-stop rain) but we got some dry weather this weekend and I managed to get things painted. Next step is install of the brackets/hooks and cutting/fitting of the surround. We're forecast to get the remains of hurricane Florence tonight/tomorrow, so that's going to have to wait a few more days unfortunatly. Here's a couple of pics of things painted up to tide people over.

20180917_092627.jpg

20180916_160321.jpg

-K
Do you remember what paint you used? The paint I got is red, but not bright red (has to much orange in it)

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Do you remember what paint you used? The paint I got is red, but not bright red (has to much orange in it)

It was Rustoleum, I think it was Sunrise Red. I'll see if I still have the can in the garage. The hooks were used so I wire wheeled off some light rust & scuffed the remaining paint. Then applied a self etching primer and several coats of the paint.

-K

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just for reference mine are 33”

That’s what I’m hoping these are too! If so I can order the lightbar and do hook/bracket/light install at the same time.

Reactions: JB1

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Just for reference mine are 33”

That's reassuring, mine measures out at 33" as well and I bought the same light bar you did. One of these days I may even get around to installing it!

-K

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's reassuring, mine measure out at 33" as well and I bought the same light bar you did. One of these days I may even get around to installing it!

-K

Excellent, you should do it. That entire black bumper insert isn’t that expensive if you ever wanted to go back without it. I installed mine without it to get my bracket all fitted, then disassembled and reassembled with the cutout piece.

Xyleff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m new here but had my express for a bit now. I just bought a brand new set of oem tow hooks thinking it’s plug and play. From reading this thread, I won’t be able to mount correctly without a custom bracket?