installing L.E.D.s in Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

13HemisphericalRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi I am wondering if anyone has put leds in a 2013 ram with projector lights. I was wondering where u mounted the resistors I bought a kit from lifetime leds. ...I have now tried to instal them and found out the leds don't fit properly. has anyone ran into this problem and how did u fix it

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The problem is the led's that some of us have tried don't allow for the dust cover to seal. The only option was to cut the dust cover. As for the resistors, they can be mounted on metal surface because they will get HOT. I made extensions and mounted on the frame beside the fog lights

stretch78681

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 squirrel cage
Ran into the same issue.

On my motorcycle, I cut off a bit of the rubber gasket, with a box cutter. On the wife's truck, I added an extension. Then mounted resistors on the inner fender well.

radiofred

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 dodge ram sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
i used the u3 led digital can-bus ones there plug and play with nothing extra to wire up/mount they have a small ballast and a small capacitor that fits in the headlight nicely as for the dust cover u can heat the plastic and modify or what i did was cut a circle with a hole saw a little bigger than the led bulb and then used sound deadening to cover it up works perfectly

OP
OP

13HemisphericalRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ok thanks for all the suggestions . I decided to send them back as I got the wrong ones and to get them done professionally. Thanks though