LED Fog light pods REVIEW / INSTALL PICS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Great install man, looks great! These will be next with the 2013+ projector installed..

Addis daddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dude I'm sorry to keep bugging you about this setup but is there anyways you could put a link up of the connectors you bought. I cannot for the life of me find what I need

Sam22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you order the 12w pods or the 18w pods?

Edit: Nevermind after looking closer they look like the 12w.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

homeguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well those brackets I've been looking for a long time. Their site says no shipping to Canada. If I buy some send them to someone down there and I pay the shipping to here. Anyone game?

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dude I'm sorry to keep bugging you about this setup but is there anyways you could put a link up of the connectors you bought. I cannot for the life of me find what I need

No problem man - that's what this forum is for -

You need 4 total of these (order 2 quantity as they come in a pair) - 2pcs Universal 9006 9005 HB4 Male Pre Wired Connector Harness Wiring HID D2S D2R | eBay

And you need 2 of these (1 quantity, they come with 2) - 9005 9006 High Beam Splitter Wires for Quad Dual Projector Headlights Retrofit | eBay

Did you order the 12w pods or the 18w pods?

Edit: Nevermind after looking closer they look like the 12w.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I went with the 12w. They throw off plenty of light for my needs

freshane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Homeguy I could help you out I'm in BC and am planning on placing an order. I get stuff shipped across the border. This is a great setup, many thank for showing detailed pics of what's needed. Be cool if you could make a video of just headlights on and then fogs on by themselves and both on. Do you have HIDs in your oem projectors? Do the flood led fogs help out quite a bit or would you have changed the combo up?

freshane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Crap seems like I can't even use paypal to send payment. Booo!

InspectGWS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 JEEP GC SRT8
Engine
6.4L HEMI
That's an idea I'll have to steal ty

Hey now, I have already ordered my pods and mounting brackets, and totally plan on ripping off firemedic10584's idea and calling it my own...

I mean, have you seen my Philips DayLight 8 Daytime Running Lights? :waytogo:

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey now, I have already ordered my pods and mounting brackets, and totally plan on ripping off firemedic10584's idea and calling it my own...

I mean, have you seen my Philips DayLight 8 Daytime Running Lights? :waytogo:

Lol. Hey, all my ideas came from you guys so feel free to take credit for this one! :roflsquared:

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Homeguy I could help you out I'm in BC and am planning on placing an order. I get stuff shipped across the border. This is a great setup, many thank for showing detailed pics of what's needed. Be cool if you could make a video of just headlights on and then fogs on by themselves and both on. Do you have HIDs in your oem projectors? Do the flood led fogs help out quite a bit or would you have changed the combo up?

I'll try and make a video coming up. I do have 35w HIDs in my stock projectors. It's really night and day between them. When I have just the HIDs on, they're ok at best. If I add the fogs to it, they pretty much wash out the HIDs. If I kick my 20" bar on with it...well...it pretty much just becomes daylight in front of my truck lol

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Nope, just wired them so I can plug right into the factory plug. And no, these brackets will not work on a 2012. U need the Rigid brackets for the 2500 trucks...those will also work on the 1500's.

Output is pretty good. I need to adjust them to make the patterns a little better. Here is a crappy cell phone shot of just the fogs on.

20141114_180002_zpsd15e2b77.jpg

output is much better than the HID in the fogs. I like it a lot.

Love that theres a cop in the pic… should have pointed them at him!

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
oh, also forgot to ask… you have the floods and beam on each side… which one is the beam? the top or bottom. Can you unplug the floods and just run the beam with a night time shot? and then do the same with just the floods on?

That way we can see how the floods and beams behave separately. I would also prob want to run just 2 sets of beam and no floods but that depends on the beam coverage.

freshane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's a great idea. Hopefully it's not too much to ask :) the sidetracked site doesn't show many output pics and their youtube channel is pretty lacking. Even searching the net I can't find much.
On the site it says if you want to use yellow or amber lenses that you should use the spot pattern. So I'm kind of in the same boat if I should get two spot and have one normal and one yellow. Or get a flood white and spot yellow. Appreciate all your help firemedic.

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
oh, also forgot to ask… you have the floods and beam on each side… which one is the beam? the top or bottom. Can you unplug the floods and just run the beam with a night time shot? and then do the same with just the floods on?

That way we can see how the floods and beams behave separately. I would also prob want to run just 2 sets of beam and no floods but that depends on the beam coverage.
I have it so the beam light is on top and the flood is on the bottom. I'll get some beam pics and flood pics tonight.

That's a great idea. Hopefully it's not too much to ask :) the sidetracked site doesn't show many output pics and their youtube channel is pretty lacking. Even searching the net I can't find much.
On the site it says if you want to use yellow or amber lenses that you should use the spot pattern. So I'm kind of in the same boat if I should get two spot and have one normal and one yellow. Or get a flood white and spot yellow. Appreciate all your help firemedic.

I almost went with two spots...but like I said, this combo works good for me...I rarely use my fogs to begin with, but they throw off plenty of usable light with a spot and flood combo :)

zane8000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Thats awesome. i was looking at this bracket but i didnt know if it would work. I just ordered everything. hopefully it will be in before the weekend and i can install.

Kid's HEMI! !!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How is it driving at night with the floods and the spot combo are people on the roads giving you s*** about it

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Omgggg im doing this asap.. Been trying to find those brackets, so freaking excited

Looks like four are now $214? :(

LED Pods and Work Lights - SideTracked Offroad

Ya, like mentioned above, I got the 12w lights...they're plenty bright!

How is it driving at night with the floods and the spot combo are people on the roads giving you s*** about it

I don't run them at night with cars around. They're too bright and would blind people I'm sure.

he got the 4 light pod. you are looking at the 6 light pod. those are the ones i ordered too.
Yep!