LED light pods for 2013 Tradesmen-SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
?... I refuse to run aux switches, unless i can put the factory aux switches in.

I could do that, i just dont want to run aux switches in the cab, they look messy to me...

Couple things....

Do you have the led pods already?
My reverse led pods are bright as ****...I don't know if you'd even want to chance running led pods all the time for fogs as far as Johnny law goes.

Second, as nice as it would be to turn them on with the oem fog button I personally wouldn't want to mess with the light wiring especially if yours isn't prewired for fogs to begin with. An after market switch would be the best bet if I was gonna do this project. Plus, they make tons of nice looking switches to run in the cab and it would be so much easier to do.

Just a thought.

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Couple things....

Do you have the led pods already?
My reverse led pods are bright as ****...I don't know if you'd even want to chance running led pods all the time for fogs as far as Johnny law goes.

Second, as nice as it would be to turn them on with the oem fog button I personally wouldn't want to mess with the light wiring especially if yours isn't prewired for fogs to begin with. An after market switch would be the best bet if I was gonna do this project. Plus, they make tons of nice looking switches to run in the cab and it would be so much easier to do.

Just a thought.

I have been following Firemedic and 12ram1500 fog light threads, neither of them seem to be having any issues with the lights. I have ordered 2 led light pods, and was going to wire them into a harness, then plug it into the jumper harness. From the jumper harness, i am going break off the jumper plug that goes into the factory harness, then splice into the foglight leads the truck should have. then program it. If this doesnt work i will go to upfitter switches. and relay them to the low beams. So i do have options and back up plans.

According to Hrazz7, there is a harness that ties in the jumper to the PDC, so ill wait to see what he has to say