Move Bumpers. Hook and shackle mount placement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so, after smashing my front bumper in Indianapolis last weekend. i opted for a front and rear weld it yourself kit from MOVE out of Montana rather than spending my Ins. deductible and reverting to stock. so my question has to do with fabrication. i havnt seen the inside of these bumpers yet. and will probably have to fab up some hard points where the shackle mounts are going on the rear bumper and and the same thing with the tow hooks up front. another question i have is if anyone is using tow hooks with the throat of the hook facing up instead of the stock hooks lay flat where the throat faces to the left and right. ide like to have these hooks on the bumper if possible.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Think I may order one of the Prerunner ones. Let me know how the quality is.

OP
OP
R

RamWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ill be posting a thread of the build when i get it all finished. So keep your eyes peeled. I wanted the pre runner kit. But i checked it out and decided to bend all that up on my own since i have access to a nice gree lee bender. And past knowledge of pipe fitting helps a bit. So that saved me a couple of bucks

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Question, did you check to make sure they fit a 1500? The renders on the website are for a 2500/3500 and I want one of the WIY bumpers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

RamWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They fit. They just dont have any 1500 pics

OP
OP
R

RamWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont know. They are currently in transit. Im assuming bolt. If they are not. I will make them bolt on. I cant see something like this be a permanant install. It probably has some form of square bracing inside with matching bolt patterns

DanKnow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
soooo close to ordering one too, keep us informed,m thanks!