Outside Door Handle Swap DIY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deathbyburito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
If you are following the youtube video above then you release the window from its guides and slide it up and tape it (much easier with a second person). For the original write up he states have the window up which would keep it out of the way.

I updated my handles to proximity handles and followed the youtube video to remove the door panel. Through this process I found the only wires that really need to be disconnected are the mirror wires. With just the mirror wires removed I was able to just drop the black door panel down far enough to get at the bolts and replace the handles. The panel releases on the top middle by lifting and pulling out. The bottom actually has a small clip in the middle that you can reach behind and squeeze to release (I broke one of these before I knew they were there although with all the bolts not worried about it). I would just warn that there are metal window tracks inside the black panel that are rough and could scratch the paint (although not where it would be seen) on the inside of the door.