Overhead Console Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TroyClark

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all,

I bought a basic overhead console and am going to install it in my 2013 1500. From what I have gathered here on this site, I will have to run wires from the headliner down the A pillar to the green connector behind the headlight switch. I will have to cut and splice into the black ground wire at position 16, yellow/light blue wire (for constant power to manually turn on the map lights), and the yellow/violet wire (powers when door is opened).

If anyone has done this on a 2013 please let me know if I am correct, if not, please correct me.

I am also thinking of ordering the three wire wiring pigtail that goes to the console. Is this a necessity? Can I just solder the wires to the pin outs on the console itself?

Thanks for any help.

Troy

Attachments

• 20161130_220015.jpg
    20161130_220015.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Troy, most of the time we just continue the DIY thread. But I will try to help you as you haven't gotten an answer in almost 10 days.

Your 2013 should be similar to my 14. I couldn't wire mine like the others, but you will know when you try to wire it if yours is different. It Shouldn't be... I ended up only using one wire from that green plug on the drivers side.

As far as the connector, the kit should come with the 3 prong plug for the main OHC harness, it just doesn't come with the two prong plug for the "coffee light" if yours includes one.

OP
OP
T

TroyClark

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With using only one wire from the connector, does your map lights work when the door is open and when you press the button?

Thanks

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With using only one wire from the connector, does your map lights work when the door is open and when you press the button?

Thanks

By that I ment I only used one wire from that Green plug mentioned in the DIY thread. I wired all three of the wires on the OHC.

Check out how I wired it in the Adding the OHC DIY thread found in the DIY Index which is a Sticky in this forum.