Painting inside headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ptuttle78

Reaction score
I'm sure there a post somewhere but couldn't find it. I'm wanting to paint inside my headlights. Is there a certain type of paint to use and what is used to reseal? Thank y'all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
When I painted inside of my Cobalt headlights I used Krylon Fusion. Its made for plastic so it sticks well. To seal it, I just used a water proof silicone sealant. I went with clear so it looked stock afterwards. Just make sure you clean off ALL of the old sealant that's on the headlight. It will make things so much easier.

OP
OP
P

ptuttle78

Reaction score
When I painted inside of my Cobalt headlights I used Krylon Fusion. Its made for plastic so it sticks well. To seal it, I just used a water proof silicone sealant. I went with clear so it looked stock afterwards. Just make sure you clean off ALL of the old sealant that's on the headlight. It will make things so much easier.

Appreciate it

Tyler Cooke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good luck mine turned out horrible with the krylon. I used butyl to reseal

OP
OP
P

ptuttle78

Reaction score
I'm gonna wait till this dang Texas weather makes up its mind. I can't wait to try it out. I'm thinking about doing color match paint to match truck

Chase0808

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just did a cheap can from home depot. I think rustoleum but they turned out awesome IMO. I baked them in the oven and used butyl from when I installed my halos.

Attachments

• IMG_0960.jpg
    IMG_0960.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0961.jpg
    IMG_0961.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 97
OP
OP
P

ptuttle78

Reaction score
I just did a cheap can from home depot. I think rustoleum but they turned out awesome IMO. I baked them in the oven and used butyl from when I installed my halos.

Looks good

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
I've been wondering what the tow hooks looked like red with the steel bumper. My truck is black....may consider painting them after all.

OP
OP
P

ptuttle78

Reaction score

What did you use for the chrome? I seen seen some people use oven cleaner to remove it