Plasti-Dip Two Tone Factory 20s. LOOKS GREAT!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice job! I didn't get to see the whole video, just the first few seconds. Didn't have sound either (at work, stuff gets blocked). Where did you get the stickers for the inserts?

That's exactly what I want to do when I get the Ignition Orange sport later this year!! I just did a quick and horrible "paint" job on my computer with the stock photo to see what it would look like.

I've even thought about doing the opposite of that on our truck now (Granite Crystal). Doing the center part of the spoke black, leaving the rest silver. I have a Big Horn, so I've got chrome everywhere. I love the sport wheels. Probably one of the better stock wheels available in all of the brands.

Last edited:

RCFiddyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just want to go on record by saying "I HATE you!!!"........For giving me that awesome idea. Dude, those wheels look GREAT!

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Man, that looks nice. I would love to do my Chrome Clad laramie wheels like this

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
has anyone tried this on the chrome clads?

OP
OP
D

dhale2611

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Nice job! I didn't get to see the whole video, just the first few seconds. Didn't have sound either (at work, stuff gets blocked). Where did you get the stickers for the inserts?

That's exactly what I want to do when I get the Ignition Orange sport later this year!! I just did a quick and horrible "paint" job on my computer with the stock photo to see what it would look like.

I've even thought about doing the opposite of that on our truck now (Granite Crystal). Doing the center part of the spoke black, leaving the rest silver. I have a Big Horn, so I've got chrome everywhere. I love the sport wheels. Probably one of the better stock wheels available in all of the brands.

Heres the link to those sticker decals for the inside of the rims:
20" Wheel Rim Decal Decals Inlays Graphics Fit 2014 Dodge RAM 1500 Sport | eBay

They give you 4 extra, and I burned through 5 and couldn't even get 1 to look good. To me they just looked cheap. They bubble, wrinkle, and don't fit perfectly (no matter how much time I took and how careful I was). I just gave up on them, they weren't the look I was going for. To me they looked cheezy. It was obvious they were a sticker and not paint.
I'm sure you could do the same thing I did in this video, but reversed. Rather than peel the middle. You just peel the outside and it would look great.

Hope all goes well.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'll take your word for it on the stickers. I was thinking they could be used as a "tape off" piece to help paint the rims like you did. After seeing the pictures of the reverse effect in that link, I like your way much better!!

nightrunner066

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport
Engine
Hemi 8 Speed
looks nice , would scare me to take a razor knife to them tho

sgalligan04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
that looks awesome, i would have no patience for that

freshane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow I may have to get the knife out I dipped mine last year but didn't do the 2 tone. I was thinking of taking black off the center cap. Looks awesome. Good tutorial!

RCFiddyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did mine and it looks good if you have the patience to do it. I had a day off from work and it took me about 6 hours to do. 4 coats of plasti-dip (1 full can) on each wheel with 2 coats of glossifier. A few tips I can add is make sure you let the plasti-dip dry completely between coats and before you spray the glossifier. At least 20 minutes. I tried to speed up the process with a hairdryer and although you can't see it in my picture, the hairdryer method caused the black to turn slightly "less black" (almost gray) in some spots. Another one is I don't think the glossifer helped much. What you see on that picture is Armor-All on the tires and wheels to help bring out the black more. Most guys on other plasti-dip forums use Armor-All on the wheels anyway so I guess it does hurt.

Overall, I like the way it looks but would consider powdercoating in the future. None of the folks in my area will do two-tone coating though.

It reminds me of my dad's old Pontiac wheels from when I was a kid.

22694762526_fe5b6928ef_k.jpg

jon0m0berry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
very nice, your truck looks nice to

RCFiddyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks guys. She looks good when she is clean but man, it takes a lot of work keeping her that way. I couldn't handle an all black truck.

armstrong87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks very good, i plan on getting mine powdercoated the exact same way

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice. Plastic is great...different colors and if you mess up, just peal away. Great job on the video...I'm gonna do the same.

2012 Ram 1500 quadcab
**Sent from the *********