Power Folding Mirrors for Express/Tradesman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is a thread I started to show how I hooked up my power folding mirrors on my 14 Express. As I am sure many of you already know Chrysler finally released the sales codes for the blinker and puddle lamp options on the Express and Tradesman wich are LEB and LEC. This was great because now we can add the mirrors to our trucks and after the sales codes have been flashed to the truck it's a plug and play. I found the mirrors on eBay for 100.00 each and had the codes put in and I love them. The puddle lights are much brighter that I thought they would be. The mirrors are also power folding mirrors. The sales code to activate to power fold option is LER. Chrysler does not alow this code to be added to the Express or Tradesman. You would Also need new door modules for each door and a new master switch in order for them to work even if you were able to somehow get the LER code flashed in your truck. The power fold mirrors can still be manually folded so it's realy no big deal but it always kinda bothered me that I had a mirror that could be power folded and I couldn't use it. I have never started a thread like this before and I don't want it to run on forever so I will try to make it as short as possible. If anyone has any questions I will try to answer them. I feel I have better control of my mirrors than I would have if they came in my truck. I can fold them individually and I can fold them in or out as much as I want. I use them everyday at work and they operate flawlessly. I made two momentary reverse polarity switches and mounted them in my door panel. I tapped into the yellow and blue wire on each mirror and installed a two pin plug on each so I could connect and disconnect them easily . I ran the passenger wire through the factory door wiring loom and boot so its completely hidden. Then down the kick panel along the door sill and under the seats to the drivers side. I ran power from my battery into cab. I drilled a small hole in the plastic cover for the clutch reservoir. Next run the power wire with a ground wire plus the two passenger mirror wires(total of four wires)along the door sill and under the parking brake through the factory loom and into the drivers door through the factory boot. This was by far the hardest part to do. There is not nearly as much room on the drivers side to run the wires but it can be done. There is a brass ground wire right below the parking brake that is a good place for a ground. I tapped into the drivers mirror and installed a 2 pin plug in the drivers mirror just like I did on the passenger side. I ran power to both switches and hooked up the mirrors and they work great.. It is a little time consuming to do but it's extremely easy once you understand.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-28-22-22-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-28-22-22-26.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 460
  • Screenshot_2015-10-24-14-39-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-24-14-39-16.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 437
  • 20151024_142721.jpg
    20151024_142721.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 558
  • 20151024_142853.jpg
    20151024_142853.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 485
  • 20151024_135818.jpg
    20151024_135818.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 512
Last edited:

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rick you are the bomb in the DIY! but updated as of now, you can add the modules and the master switch and do this all OEM- your install is clean and actually cheaper, IMO, but for some die hard MOPARS out there, it is now possible. Not every dealer is on board adding the codes and some will ***** and fight and cuss, but that's because you want something done for free. A simple offer to pay 25.00 for them to email WIC and make it happens I am hearing goes a long way.

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rick, I tell you what I would like some help with if you are up to it- notice how your mirror controls don't light up at night? / only the power windows do? well the Chrysler Products do, I put a Grand Cherokee master switch in my Durango and it all lights up. Very frustrating to not see those buttons at night for me when I have a tailgater. You up for seeing if we can extend the LEDs into the master switch or how to light up those buttons? I have already been thru 8 different master switches in the MOPAR world trying to find the right plug or wiring configuration to splice in a plug and I am still looking as the RAMs are unique in their plug. Its all 14 wiring ports, but some have 11 some have 9 , its a mess...... but thought it would throw this out to you as this is a real DIY product and not just replacing parts like I do :)

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea I know what your talking about. I thought mine was defective when I bought my truck untill I checked other trucks. I have tinted windows and realy don't get any glare so I rarely adjust my mirrors. I suppose if someone had a donar switch to take apart you could see if it's even possible to illuminate the switches. The L/R buttons appear to be the type that could possibly illuminate but not sure about the directional knob arrows. There would be no way to know for sure unless you just took one apart to see what is going on inside. They come up pretty cheap once in a while on ebay. I think that would be the first step.

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ok, I will keep my eye out and see if I can find a cheap switch that you can take apart.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ok, I will keep my eye out and see if I can find a cheap switch that you can take apart.

Yea I am too. Do.the directional arrows light up in the switch you put in your Caravan?

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
in my 2015 Durango RT, they do light up, but it is really a switch from a 2015 Grand Cherokee Jeep- the plug and wiring was the same, but all those parts for that install are jeep. I have yet to find a dodge mopar switch that lights up the mirror switches.
the Jeep one has 11 wires and our trucks use 9

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
Now you can add the modules and the master switch and do this all OEM

I have the master switch installed. What is this module part # You speak of?

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the modules in the door that control the mirrors and the power door locks- they are about 4"x4" and cost about 75-100 each. They control route the traffic to the BCM for blinker signals, puddle lights, heated mirrors, power mirrors, etc.... folding mirrors. lol

even on ebay you can buy aftermarket mirrors with all the toys for 300.00 but they will have the MOPAR plugs that go into these modules.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
My puddle lights and blinkers already work perfectly, just the power fold option doesn't. Is there a different module for power fold or does the sales code just need to be flashed? :shrug:

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You need to replace both modules

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
and do the sales code- there are 2 pins that control the folding on the mirrors and the code LER

and you need to have power fold mirrors of course!

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
RIck, on the mirror lights in the switch, I need some help- do you or does anyone have their door panel off now? I pulled a bunch of Dodge master switches I have and there are LEDS under the mirror switches, but the actual switches are opaque and not translucent. I need to know if someone can pull their switch apart and see- my truck is with the wife till tomorrow AM - I found a switch that has translucenet mirror switches we can put on the Ram switch if it has LEDS on the control board, its 7 tiny torx screws and that's it.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
RIck, on the mirror lights in the switch, I need some help- do you or does anyone have their door panel off now? I pulled a bunch of Dodge master switches I have and there are LEDS under the mirror switches, but the actual switches are opaque and not translucent. I need to know if someone can pull their switch apart and see- my truck is with the wife till tomorrow AM - I found a switch that has translucenet mirror switches we can put on the Ram switch if it has LEDS on the control board, its 7 tiny torx screws and that's it.

Sorry I am at work right now and no where near my truck so I can't look to see. It goes in tomorrow AM for the recall so I might not be able to check untill I get it back. I looked online last night and you are right. The switch is held together by the torx screws. If someone could get in there it probably would be doable as long as the switches were translucent. Hopefuly someone can chime in before I get my truck back. This might no be to hard to do as long as the switches are cabal of being illuminated.

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am hoping its like my Durango, the switches were LED underneath, but the switches on top were not translucent. As soon as I put a translucent bezel of buttons on top they all lit up. I cannot think for the life of me why this would be this way, but my 2015 Durango was not lit up in the mirrors- when I put the Grand Cherokee switch on there, they were lit up. I am hoping its just buy a new bezel and now wiring at all.

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Reviving an old thread for a quick thank you for the write up. Finished yesterday late afternoon and already used it twice in a couple tight lots. Thanks!
7972e20c86de3f7730a7da0799f50c40.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk