Power Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Express Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I currently have grey non powered seats in my 2014 Express. I was wondering if it's possible to go to powered seats? Thanks

Vncnz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
All you need is the power bases, the seats are the same, try ebay or salvage yards

OP
OP
Express Man

Express Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So if I buy a seat from car-part that is powered it would work? Would it be plug and play or would I need to make another harness or something? thanks

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They will bolt right up. I have seen some posts where people have been able to install Bighorn sears plug and play. I installed Laramie seats in my Express so I can't comment on the Bighorn. I had to swap the harnesses from my old seats into my new seats because the plugs didn't match. All you have to switch is the airbag on the drivers seat and the occupancy sensor and airbag on the passenger seat. I left all.of the other wiring alone in the Laramie seats and just ran a positive and a negative to each of the seats. They work great. I have the wiring figured out for the heated and cooled function but haven't got around to trying to hook them up to aftermarket switches. I am not sure I will even bother. In other words yes it can be done and it isn't that difficult. If you end up with Laramie seats let me know and I will tell you which wires are for the power seat function. Also you will need seats out of a 13 and up with the airbags.

OP
OP
Express Man

Express Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk

chris3209

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sunscribed. I finally bolted in some Laramie seats into my 2014 express. I bought the accompanying wiring harness but I haven't figured out how to actually wire them in. They were definitely not plug and play though. But, the 12v outlets were both plug and play for the laramie center console, although the usb port in the lid does not work.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would recomend doing it the way I did. Just put your seat harnesses in the Laramie seats and use your stock harness and plugs. There is a zipper on the side of the seat so you can get in there to change it. Your truck wont even know you changed the seats. I doupt the extra harnesses you got with your seats are going to be compatible with your trucks body harness. Run a positive and negative to the red and black wires in the Laramie seat plug and the power adjusting and lumbar functions will work. The seat has several plugs and I can't remember which plug it was. It's not hard to figure out which wires it is if you use a Multimeter. I do remember they were black and red. If you can't figure out which ones they are let me know and I will look at mine when I get home and shoot you a picture.