Pre-wired?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ktstull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So I just installed my Mopar Integrated trailer brake controller, I realized that all the wiring was already there, I just needed to install the switch and module and have the truck flashed (easy enough right?) I was just thinking, what other OEM options are the 2013's pre wired for? I'd like to install the backup camera but want to know if I'm going to have to run the wires all the way down the frame or not. Has anyone checked this out? Is it just a plug I have to plug in near the rear of the truck or do you have to run all the wires yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
So I just installed my Mopar Integrated trailer brake controller, I realized that all the wiring was already there, I just needed to install the switch and module and have the truck flashed (easy enough right?) I was just thinking, what other OEM options are the 2013's pre wired for? I'd like to install the backup camera but want to know if I'm going to have to run the wires all the way down the frame or not. Has anyone checked this out? Is it just a plug I have to plug in near the rear of the truck or do you have to run all the wires yourself?

Let me post a link...

Installing OEM backup cam

Read the OP and post 10 and ask any questions in that thread. There is a kit to do it. Likely not plug and play without the kit. Only a few have had most of the wiring from the factory already installed. 2500/3500's seem to be a bit more involved.

Can also add steering wheel audio controls.
DIY: 2013-2014 OEM Steering Wheel Audio Control Install

Upgrade radio from Ra1 to RA2 or up to an RA4.
DIY: 2013+ RA3/RA4 8.4" Radio Conversion Upgrade

Sent from my LG G4 on Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Updated prior post

Sent from my LG G4 on Tapatalk.

Padre675

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Tradesman Crew
Engine
4.7L V8 FFV
The footwell lighting is also prewired. As well as the Glove box lamp if you don't already have it.

Just have to get the lights.

Padre675

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Tradesman Crew
Engine
4.7L V8 FFV
ExpressRules covered the glovebox light above.

The footwell for the DS front should be right by the e-brake release lever. If it's not there just look around under there for a lose connector taped to another harness. It's just a small 2-pin connector. The PS Side varies, but you have to take the glove box off for it. I don't know about any in the back if you have a quad or crew.

mbz300sdl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I'll be getting a glove box light soon and I was wondering just the other day about a hood light

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hood light is super easy. 30 bucks on eBay with everything necessary

mbz300sdl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sweet I'll be ordering that later today and I have $6.08 in eBay bucks so it will be less than $30

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ktstull

Ktstull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Does anyone know if only dealerships can flash the computers for full functionality of the cameras and remote starts?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure what you mean by full functionality of the cameras but you can install a backup camera and a factory remote start. Mopar makes a kit for both and they both require a sales code to bad activated in order to work.

OP
OP
Ktstull

Ktstull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Not sure what you mean by full functionality of the cameras but you can install a backup camera and a factory remote start. Mopar makes a kit for both and they both require a sales code to bad activated in order to work.

That's what I mean, can only dealers enter the sales codes?

I had my trailer brake module install quoted at $150 from start to finish from the dealer, but I decided to do the install myself. Which ended up not being worth it because the dealer charged me $122 just to program the code! (A rip off I know) just wondering if there is an alternative to taking it to the dealer to have the code programmed.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No they are pretty much the only ones who can add the sales codes. Your best bet is to make friends with a technician when you going to have other stuff done it just takes them a second to add the codes if your truck is already in there. I had my friend add mine took him about 10 minutes. Another good idea is just figure out all the codes you want to have installed and have them all done at once. I had my plinker/puddle light codes installed when I had them install the remote start code. Actually did not install the mirrors until I found them about six months later.

OP
OP
Ktstull

Ktstull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
No they are pretty much the only ones who can add the sales codes. Your best bet is to make friends with a technician when you going to have other stuff done it just takes them a second to add the codes if your truck is already in there. I had my friend add mine took him about 10 minutes. Another good idea is just figure out all the codes you want to have installed and have them all done at once. I had my plinker/puddle light codes installed when I had them install the remote start code. Actually did not install the mirrors until I found them about six months later.

Smart idea. Does anyone have or know where to get a list of all available codes?

mbz300sdl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The footwell lighting is also prewired. As well as the Glove box lamp if you don't already have it.

Just have to get the lights.

Is the glovebox light for the upper one or the lower one all I have is a cubby and a lower glove box I'd love for it to be lit I have found the part but looking for some pics or a video of the install on it any help?