RA4 Anti theft code Generator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cryptz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am prepping to do the RA4 swap. As a result I called the dealer today and gave them the old VIN and my Radio's serial number and they provided me with an unlock code.

I had also already reached out to an online site asking for the same thing. The online site asked me only the last 4 digits of my radio's serial# (no vin) and they were able to reply with the same exact unlock code as the dealer.

This leads me to believe with a few examples of peoples last 4 digits of their serial and their correct unlock code I could write something up that generates them.

If a few people will pm me that info ill take a shot at it. The online shop and the dealer both provided them for free, I was just looking to expedite the process for people (and tackle a fun project).

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
I am prepping to do the RA4 swap. As a result I called the dealer today and gave them the old VIN and my Radio's serial number and they provided me with an unlock code.

I had also already reached out to an online site asking for the same thing. The online site asked me only the last 4 digits of my radio's serial# (no vin) and they were able to reply with the same exact unlock code as the dealer.

This leads me to believe with a few examples of peoples last 4 digits of their serial and their correct unlock code I could write something up that generates them.

If a few people will pm me that info ill take a shot at it. The online shop and the dealer both provided them for free, I was just looking to expedite the process for people (and tackle a fun project).
You are very likely correct about this. The implementation of Fiats lock code system is really useless if you think about it. All it does is serve as a minor inconvenience to thieves since most of the keepers of the codes require no prove of ownership prior to providing the code(s). It actually provides no security at all from theft of these radios since it is so easy to acquire the code. Just my .02, but if you could figure out the algorithm it would save a lot of folks the hassle.

What online shop provided it free?

OP
OP
C

cryptz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
not sure i want to say, it was a site people posted on here originally stating they want $20 to provide the code. Not sure if the employee made a mistake or if they have changed their approach..

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If its Navrepair.com then yes there standard fee is 20.00. I know some members have used a cupon to get it for 10.00. Strange thing is the dealer can't get it for you unless you provide the Vin# from the vehicle the radio came out if. You would think they would have the same information as Navpair.com and be able to get it with just the serial # as well.

OP
OP
C

cryptz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it was them, not sure why i got it for free, basically i said what do i need and how much would it cost and they said we just need the last 4 digits of your radio's serial#. I gave it to them and they responded with the code.

In addition to the vin the dealer asks for the entire serial#. It may just be smoke and mirrors from the car maker's side to make it seem more complicated than it really is. Otherwise, depending on the algorithm used maybe navrepair determined there is a BS vin they can enter that doesnt effect the calculation at all, but that would be hard to imagine, i am thinking it really isnt needed.

For example, is the radio really hard coded to a VIN? Probably not, it is probably a matter of FirstVIN=x currentVin!=x and then it prompts. Since it wasnt custom designed for the the original vehicle its unlock code is probably just something derived from its own serial#. The dealership is asking you for the original vehicles vin so the new vin has no bearing on the process, so it isnt going to be creating a new unlock code for the next time it changes hands I imagine. But I am not aware of anyone unlocking the radio in a second vehicle and then taking it to a third in order to determine if the unlock code ever changes (that would obviously prove this one way or the other). They are likely asking for the original vehicles vin with the intention of blacklisting stolen vins, or atleast i could see that being their original intention regardless..

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
The dealer does not really need the Vin either, they just ask/require it as per their or Fiat's policy. I bought and sold several radios and the unlock code stayed the same in all cases. The radios are married ied to the original vin for uconnect purposes though. Uconnect has a database on their server which lists every truck by vin and radio serial number. When you register or in our case try to register with uconnect the server cross checks the radio and serial number. I know a few folks who upgraded from RA3 to RA4 and went through a lot of crap getting uconnect to re-register them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cryptz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if anyone can supply me with their last 4 #s of their radio serial# and their unlock code I would appreciate it.

OP
OP
C

cryptz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hah, well maybe academic purposes =) they want $$ once you submit though

OP
OP
C

cryptz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so with 2 samples i have a forumula but it assumes its a linear slope, a third set of data would go a long way to prove/disprove this.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
This is neat. Wish I could help but no 8.4.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
so with 2 samples i have a forumula but it assumes its a linear slope, a third set of data would go a long way to prove/disprove this.

Take a look at JustAnswer and search for unlock codes. Many people, myself included, have asked for codes there over the years. There should be plenty of posts serial/pin pairs.

Here's my post from when I had my old Jeep.

http://www.justanswer.com/jeep/8zcve-i-m-expecting-replacement-rhr-radio-delivered-today.html

Serial:T00BE217156821
PIN: 9105

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Chop413

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No not yet, I'm using the 8.4 with the stock bezel still.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Okay here is a monkey wrench in the mix. I just called dealer parts dept for my unlock code. All they wanted was the last 8 of the Vin, no serial number or model number from the radio just the last 8 and a few seconds later she gave me the code.

So apparently there is another algorithm that uses the last 8 of the vin or there is a master list online that dealers have access to that lists radios by their married vin number. Anyway it was a free phonecall.