Redneck Ingenuity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoatRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7
So the other day at work, things were pretty slow. And by slow, I mean we had basically been twiddling our thumbs and sweeping the shop all day everyday for the past week. In the middle of cleaning up, I happened upon some barbecue wire and thought, "I know I can do something useful with this," and then it hit me: mud scrapers. Our yard at the shop is 90% mud, 9% gravel, and 1% bolts, nuts, and other metal bits that fall off of stuff.
So four zip ties and a bit of spray paint later, I have these nifty mud scrapers to keep most of the mud that accumulates on my boots on the yard and off of my mossy oak floormats.
I want to see what everyone else has done about the one-off problems they've encountereduploadfromtaptalk1447889283491.jpg

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would be slick if you cat a piece to match the shape of plastic step cover portion, and took some 1/8 or 1/4" round stock and framed the screening. if your steps are metal which i think they are you can always tack the to them.... might look pretty clean

Space Monkey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So the other day at work, things were pretty slow. And by slow, I mean we had basically been twiddling our thumbs and sweeping the shop all day everyday for the past week. In the middle of cleaning up, I happened upon some barbecue wire and thought, "I know I can do something useful with this," and then it hit me: mud scrapers. Our yard at the shop is 90% mud, 9% gravel, and 1% bolts, nuts, and other metal bits that fall off of stuff.
So four zip ties and a bit of spray paint later, I have these nifty mud scrapers to keep most of the mud that accumulates on my boots on the yard and off of my mossy oak floormats.
I want to see what everyone else has done about the one-off problems they've encounteredView attachment 61244

Neat idea.. but would hate to catch my shin on that..

OP
OP
GoatRider

GoatRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7
Jeans and boots
Or shorts and boots lol
All I have as far as footwear covers up to mid shin, so it wasn't really an issue for me.

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
that's not that redneck, if you duct taped it on now that would be redneck :)

OP
OP
GoatRider

GoatRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7
As my sister would say at a time like this....
Yaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssss

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
That may be the next step. I'll just have to devise a way to make it subtle

Get you an Amp Research arm, actuator and mount the boot brush to it so when you open the door it folds out - scrub your boot - get in and close the door and it goes back underneath.

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
If you coat the whole truck in it, does that mean your truck will never get dirty? :D