Sales Codes to be Flashed/Added?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012FlameRed1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I purchased my 2012 Ram Express about 7 months ago. The only thing I did initially was install a used Mygig 430n that i got for a good price (had a 130RES without Uconnect), and I installed an upper glove box.

Within the last 2 weeks i've bought and installed a used 2012 EVIC cluster (mine didnt come with EVIC), the EVIC and voice command buttons for the steering wheel, installed Uconnect (module, harness, and mic), and the TPMS Module that goes behind the front driverside splash guard to get the individual tire pressure readouts to appear in the EVIC.

I'm planning go to the dealer on Friday to get some sales codes flashed/added to make sure everything works as it should.

I been searching around and wanted to confirm if these are the only ones I need. The first 2 i know for sure... but wasnt sure about the last 3 were needed or even matter.

RSP - Uconnect
XGM - Tire Pressure Monitoring module
RHB - Radio (430N)??
LAZ - Vehicle information center??
JAT - Instrument cluster w/display screen??

Thanks in advance!

VPRPWRD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.3L Viper
That looks like all of them. Just in case there is a list they can choose from to verify there aren't any others that need to be added.

OP
OP
2012FlameRed1500

2012FlameRed1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That looks like all of them. Just in case there is a list they can choose from to verify there aren't any others that need to be added.

Ok... thats good to know. I wasnt sure if i needed to make sure that I had them all, or if they would be able to search and find exactly what all needed to be added. If I missed any, i was trying to avoid having to make a 2nd trip back to the dealer to get one added.

Thanks!

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey man, how did that go for you? I have a 2014 Sport RT that I did some upgrades on from a Laramie and the idiot dealer is telling me the BCM wont take the codes to update my stuff- its rear heated seats and front vented, I already had front heated. I think this clown doesn't know what he is doing.....I have never heard of a 1500 not taking sales codes for upgrades, he is saying my bcm may be locked out?? that just doesn't make sense. he also claimed its not can bus anymore? yet on tech authority I found out that it is still CAN IHS or something....he said its Powernet now? is he blowing smoke up my butt? does Powernet even exist?

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Hey man, how did that go for you? I have a 2014 Sport RT that I did some upgrades on from a Laramie and the idiot dealer is telling me the BCM wont take the codes to update my stuff- its rear heated seats and front vented, I already had front heated. I think this clown doesn't know what he is doing.....I have never heard of a 1500 not taking sales codes for upgrades, he is saying my bcm may be locked out?? that just doesn't make sense. he also claimed its not can bus anymore? yet on tech authority I found out that it is still CAN IHS or something....he said its Powernet now? is he blowing smoke up my butt? does Powernet even exist?

hes blowing smoke. It is CAN, and there are only a few codes that wont work but your rear seats should work.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Who is the guy you are talking to at the dealer? The service advisor? They are generally pretty clueless. Your truck uses the PowerNet system but it is still a can-bus system. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to add the sales codes. And the bcm being "locked out" doesn't make any sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
2012FlameRed1500

2012FlameRed1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Yeah...earlier when I went this year to get my codes added I didn't have any problems. I told them what I did, and asked them to add the codes that i have listed in my original post. I think they said one of the codes i listed didn't take, but the others were added fine with no problems. I'm pretty sure it is still CAN. If something changed recently from now and a few months back, I'm not aware...but seems like you wouldn't have any issues either.

RealtorRod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bump a bit, but what if the code is missing from the option screen?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the code is missing from your options screen on the Tech's computer when you are trying to add it the only way it can be done is for your dealer to contact Chrysler through W.I C (Warranty Information Center) and have them add the code to your Vin#. A few people have been able to do this but not many. Most dealers won't even attempt it. You can add most options to an Express and lower optioned trucks but there are a few that aren't available.

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
anyone gotten codes added via WIC lately? i tried my last upgrade- total proximity system to the truck, need GX4 and GXD, but dealer said WIC said no this time..... after adding 10 + codes for me in the past.

anyone with an IN on how to get these codes added, will pay money!

ATC235

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyway to buy the machine to put the codes in?

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its not a machine- they put the codes on your build list at WIC and then they get downloaded from their star scan tool to your BCM>

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Anyway to buy the machine to put the codes in?

Actually yes its called Autoenguity and I was able to add a ton of things to my tradesman! For instance heated/cooled/memory seats both hard and soft keys (in the RA4 radio I upgraded to from RA1), auto dimming mirror, compass and temp, heated steering wheel, and a few others I cant recall. 430.00 for scan tool and software.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I purchased my 2012 Ram Express about 7 months ago. The only thing I did initially was install a used Mygig 430n that i got for a good price (had a 130RES without Uconnect), and I installed an upper glove box.

Within the last 2 weeks i've bought and installed a used 2012 EVIC cluster (mine didnt come with EVIC), the EVIC and voice command buttons for the steering wheel, installed Uconnect (module, harness, and mic), and the TPMS Module that goes behind the front driverside splash guard to get the individual tire pressure readouts to appear in the EVIC.

I'm planning go to the dealer on Friday to get some sales codes flashed/added to make sure everything works as it should.

I been searching around and wanted to confirm if these are the only ones I need. The first 2 i know for sure... but wasnt sure about the last 3 were needed or even matter.

RSP - Uconnect
XGM - Tire Pressure Monitoring module
RHB - Radio (430N)??
LAZ - Vehicle information center??
JAT - Instrument cluster w/display screen??

Thanks in advance!

I know that "RHB" is the radio model and shouldn't need a flash to work. I'm thinking the same about the last 2, I think they should work once installed.

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That tool only works if the codes are in your BCM to begin with. The question asked was about adding codes that didnt come with your vehicle as an option. This cannot be done with your tool unless the BCM has the codes already. All your tool is doing is adding them from inactive to active.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
That tool only works if the codes are in your BCM to begin with. The question asked was about adding codes that didnt come with your vehicle as an option. This cannot be done with your tool unless the BCM has the codes already. All your tool is doing is adding them from inactive to active.

BCM has 95% of the codes listed, anything the door module controls you cant do anything about, but everything else is pretty much fair game.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi

Yes and no the options I have added, are not available period on my truck. I have RC 3500 DRW which is not available with the options I turned on. Also I see just about every option there is. So you are partially correct. In any case three dealers told me I could not add auto dimming rear view mirror to my truck, the code is not available for my vin also per those idiots at Star. Well guess what it showed up when I set it to present and Wolla!
So tell me what codes are not there I have not found any that are missing? Including park sense, pushbuttonstart proximity unlock, heated and cooled front seats, heated rear seat (and I don't even have one), etc etc.

And whether it's enabled by Fiat or I enable it they both work the same, and as I said I added codes I was told in no uncertain terms that they could not be added.

This tool is actually IMO better than going to the dealer.

Last edited:

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

That makes no sense. What do you think happens when the dealer downloads the new configuration file after updating your VIN in DealerCONNECT? The new file is used to switch the relevant flags on or off in the BCM. It doesn't add new software that controls those things.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
That makes no sense. What do you think happens when the dealer downloads the new configuration file after updating your VIN in DealerCONNECT? The new file is used to switch the relevant flags on or off in the BCM. It doesn't add new software that controls those things.

Exactly, all the WiTech pod does is download the Fiat specified configuration (sales codes associated with the vin) and sets the bcm to them being set or not set it does not program the BCM.

So Doc you stick with your way and get ****** around by the dealers and Fiat, I will stick with mine.

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
maybe a tradesman has everything or 95% but a sport or express doesn't, so you need to have WIC enter the codes before you can use the tool as you suggested. I have had to have 11 codes added by WIC for me, so its not all trucks, its based on the base model of your truck.
i wouldn't suggest anyone buy that tool, until they go to the dealer and see what options they do have or get a build sheet from the OEM>

Well, thats the issue, i just re-read your listing, you have a freaking 3500 ? a lot of us just have a 1500 and the lower the model, and then the lower the base model in 1500 - the less codes you get. Of course with a 2500 or 3500 you will have a crap load of codes you also paid way more for your truck to begin with.

Last edited: