Sales Codes to be Flashed/Added?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a bunch of guys on this forum that need heated seats added, proximity sensing, all kinds of stuff and the codes are not there to add, they were never in the initial build as an option, so WIC has to enter them, then you can use this nice tool or have the dealer do it. I have been working on this for 4 years now and this tool is nothing new, it doesn't make sense to pay for something the dealer will do for free when you get an oil change if the codes already exist in your build.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the AE tool is neat, but its no WIC tool at chrysler. There are a lot of options you can activate with it, but add them is a different animal.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
maybe a tradesman has everything or 95% but a sport or express doesn't, so you need to have WIC enter the codes before you can use the tool as you suggested. I have had to have 11 codes added by WIC for me, so its not all trucks, its based on the base model of your truck.
i wouldn't suggest anyone buy that tool, until they go to the dealer and see what options they do have or get a build sheet from the OEM>

Well, thats the issue, i just re-read your listing, you have a freaking 3500 ? a lot of us just have a 1500 and the lower the model, and then the lower the base model in 1500 - the less codes you get. Of course with a 2500 or 3500 you will have a crap load of codes you also paid way more for your truck to begin with.

Everything about that is wrong. Aside from what I already mentioned about what the dealer's "adding codes" process actually does, your assertion about trim level and model makes no sense. The Sport and Express are both higher trim levels than the Tradesman. And, if we go by what you're saying, a 3500 ST with crank windows and vinyl seats has the ability to support more options than a 1500 Sport because it's a 3500? Sure...

There are some of us here who actually know how these trucks work and have proven it by doing things we were told were impossible. You're obviously not one of those people, so please don't continue to insist we're the ones who don't know what we're talking about.

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ok, 00R/T, i cannot even talk to you anymore- saying an express is a higher level than a tradesman? an express is the absolute lowest level, lowest entry price Ram you can buy. I don't have to prove anything to you, i have worked with numerous people on here adding options including doing all of my options to my sport, using WIC and doing what must be done. I don't even know why you are poking into this unless you can add codes that don't exist? do you have a contact we don't have? i am done with this stream- i explained how it works, and there are plenty of users who know how stuff works, and if you dont have the codes already in the BCM, you or the dealer are not adding them just like Cuylertech listed above.

Further, i have done more things to these trucks that everyone said could not be done than you will ever imagine. so dont just assume you know me or take any cheap shots at me and show your ignorance.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
the AE tool is neat, but its no WIC tool at chrysler. There are a lot of options you can activate with it, but add them is a different animal.

There is no such thing as a "WIC tool". WIC is an acronym for Warranty Information Center.

Seriously, some of you guys are way out of touch here. The misinformation that is continuously perpetuated is the reason why when I joined here last year I was told that I couldn't add much of anything to my truck.

The people who say "you can't" need to move out of the way and let the people who are saying "I did" keep making progress with this platform.

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Jesus dude, we know what WIC means, he was just paraphrasing. stop being such an ass.
Without WIC you dont get your build sheet updated. So you don't get new codes.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Doc obviously you know a lot less about these trucks than you think. In the first place the Tradesman ST is the lowest trim level available period, an express is a step above the tradesman, sort of like a Tradesman with lipstick. look at my mod list most of the stuff I added comes with the Sport. My truck did not even have footlights or a light under the hood! The only thing you get with the 2500 or 3500 is higher payload / towing and a crappier ride!

As 00/R/T alluded to, you drank the koolaid, Fiat and the dealership has been freaking lying to us the whole while.

Last edited:

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Screw it. Not worth it.

Last edited:

coolemoff1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol people will accept anything these dealers WHO ARE TRYING to make a dollar off us anyway say it can't be done so they can get your vehicle in their shop to charge your rear end off for their services

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ok, 00R/T, i cannot even talk to you anymore- saying an express is a higher level than a tradesman? an express is the absolute lowest level, lowest entry price Ram you can buy. .

Wow !!!!! That means I could have paid less for a Tradesman instead of my Express so I could of had a higher level truck. :crazy::word:

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Whoa there, I have the AE tool, as you recall in the heated/cooled seats thread, so Ill give you the benefit that you are just in defense mode and assume everyone is attacking you. That tool can only do so much, until AE adds more modules. As for the WIC tool its part of starscan we know that but WIC is what the Chrysler tech uses to send info on your truck to add the options.

So relax a bit on the stones you are throwing mate, Im on your side man, always looking for more ways to do more to the truck. Next trick for mine is getting the memory options working with the mirrors to do reverse dip, then I think I will be done. Well I wont be done but for adding options I will be.

Sorry, you're right, the anger/frustration in my comment wasn't directed at you. I just happened to quote your post while I was annoyed and my response came out more aggressive than I intended.

I do disagree with what you said about the capabilities of the tools, though. Right now the only thing the dealer can actually add that we can't do with the AE is the lights on the mirrors. The list of things that the AE can do that the dealer can't is massive. For this reason I would argue that it is the most valuable method for adding options at this time.

In theory, the ultimate solution would be having the sales codes added to the VIN and downloaded via the WiTECH. But, this is not possible in practice. Very few options are made available to the dealers and very few of them are willing and able to add the ones that are there. A few people have been lucky in the past, but as of right now it is pretty much impossible to have any code added to your VIN that the dealer doesn't have available.

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look, you can poke fun all you want, we were talking about a tradesman 2500 or a 3500 and that is above a freaking express. They don't even make an express in a 2500/3500 which is why i am saying it's less of a vehicle ONLY from the standpoint of canned options. This means built in sales codes as total options that come on these trucks. The tradesman will and always has more built in codes than the express. I don't care about prices, or anything else- this feed is going on about adding codes and using a tool where you have to have built in codes or you need the factory- WIC to add them so you can then activate them.

You don't need to be an ass or poke fun, or say someone is stupid. WE are supposed to work together and help each other and anyone who just wants to be negative can go play on Facebook and be a Keyboard Warrior there, i am on this forum to help people, like all the ones i am still texting, calling and emailing and helping with their upgrades.

If you don't like me so be it, go poke fun on facebook like some millennial child, don't do it here.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Jesus dude, we know what WIC means, he was just paraphrasing. stop being such an ass.
Without WIC you dont get your build sheet updated. So you don't get new codes.

Doc I have worked with you in the past and we all thought the same thing you do. We were told it was impossible to have these codes added without WIC. You were one of the only guys who seemed to have a connection to have WIC add the codes to your VIN while the rest of us could only sit and drool. When 00/RT joined I was one of the guys who told him that without the codes being flashed by the dealer it was pretty much a moot point because that is what we were all led to believe. I followed his thread and I listened to what he had to say and watched his progress because I could tell he knew what he was talking about. I jumped right in and bought the tool. I also hate being told I can't do something but I had pretty much given up on adding sales codes because we had hit so many dead ends. When you take the truck to the dealer and plug it in it doesn't even show the codes are in your BCM so logic would tell you they don't exist but they actually do. I have a 14 Express 1500. I bought the A E tool and I can pretty much activate any code I want. When I go into my BCM with the tool pretty much ALL if the codes are present they just need to be set. I have successfully added my Auto Dim rear view mirror,heated steering wheel,heated front seats and ventelated front seats. I have also disabled my high beam fog light dropout so my high beams can be turned on with my fog lights. That isn't available on ANY trim level. I have been super busy but I plan on adding my memory seat function next and then who knows what else. The only thing we have found so far the tool doesn't seem to work well with adding side mirror codes. The Express is a little higher trim level than the Tradesman but neither of them have many available options from the factory. My old neighbor is a Chrysler Tech. I showed him what I have been able to do and he was amazed. Everything 00/RT and others are telling you is 100% fact you do NOT need the dealer or WIC to add sales codes to your BCM. They are all there. You just need the tool to turn them on. I think part of 00/RT's frustration is you are telling him that things are impossible or cannot be done without WIC adding the codes that we have already done.

Last edited:

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you Rick that does clarify some things-- can you please check and see if you can do the Proximity ? i already have the keyless go button, the remote start fobs, i have been jammed up on GXD and GX4 for over a year- i am 1K out on parts - i think we even talked about this- my whole truck is wired ready to go, and because of this, i lost the ability to have my fobs recognized but a short distance to start, as its trying to use the antenna. So now you can take the key out when its running and go in the house or steal the truck! i will happily buy this freaking tool and post all that it does if this is really as advertised. I went from my local Dealer, all the way to the Regional DM, to the state manager to the VP level and all i got was no, if they aren't in there they aren't in there and now its that they all are but hidden i guess? if you can check and see if you can do proximity, i am onboard asap. I got a bunch of guys now waiting on me to find a new solution to WIC going in the crapper and this is the first time i am being told how this really works....... SB

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
There is a bunch of guys on this forum that need heated seats added, proximity sensing, all kinds of stuff and the codes are not there to add, they were never in the initial build as an option, so WIC has to enter them, then you can use this nice tool or have the dealer do it. I have been working on this for 4 years now and this tool is nothing new, it doesn't make sense to pay for something the dealer will do for free when you get an oil change if the codes already exist in your build.

You could not get the dealer to add the heated rear seats in your truck could you? Well I would be willing to bet that as long as you wired everything up correctly I could turn them on for you in like 2 minutes.

And we are some of the guys who needed the heated seats turned on and did it ourselves no WIC no dealer. And I have yet to find a dealer who would add any codes free, in fact I paid them and they charged me to tell me they could not add those codes, as they were not able to be added to my truck.

Oh and the back seat heaters, they seem to show up so far on every truck even mine, and I have a regular cab, NO BACK SEAT IN THE TRUCK, but the option is still already loaded in my BCM.

I will make you a deal, bring your truck by and I will activate your rear heated seats for you provided you have not gotten them done yet. Just buy lunch, I will have a Philly cheesesteak and you can have a heaping portion of CROW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thank you Rick that does clarify some things-- can you please check and see if you can do the Proximity ? i already have the keyless go button, the remote start fobs, i have been jammed up on GXD and GX4 for over a year- i am 1K out on parts - i think we even talked about this- my whole truck is wired ready to go, and because of this, i lost the ability to have my fobs recognized but a short distance to start, as its trying to use the antenna. So now you can take the key out when its running and go in the house or steal the truck! i will happily buy this freaking tool and post all that it does if this is really as advertised. I went from my local Dealer, all the way to the Regional DM, to the state manager to the VP level and all i got was no, if they aren't in there they aren't in there and now its that they all are but hidden i guess? if you can check and see if you can do proximity, i am onboard asap. I got a bunch of guys now waiting on me to find a new solution to WIC going in the crapper and this is the first time i am being told how this really works....... SB

I told you how it worked back in post #18 and have an entire thread here that outlines my research on configuring the BCM. Maybe if you paid attention and listened to people who know what they're talking about instead of jumping up and proclaiming how everyone else is wrong then you'd get further.

You get back what you give in these types of places and based on your post history it looks like you've got a whole lot of negative equity. If it were up to me I'd tell you to go **** in your hat, but Rick is a nicer guy than I am.

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
CPT- yes, i got the dealer to turn on rear heated seats, vented and front heated seats.
Parking sensors, all kinds of stuff, about 11 codes total. yes, i had to wire them up correctly, i spliced and tore up a full Laramie harness i paid 725 for to get all the pig tails and wire codes correct. It all looks factory now as i soldered the connections and made home runs back to a plug or module every chance i got. I was one of the first to do this 2+ years ago if you go search the posts on this site as i used WIC like Rick said.

OOR/T- as a fellow engineer, your personal approach and way of explaining things is as bad as mine, maybe mine is worse. I have been doing this for almost 4 years and have to teach myself this stuff as all i ever heard was it could not be done, so excuse me if it sounded like snake oil and too good to be true. as i said, i am 1K out on parts and had to stop helping people when WIC got cut off and there are a lot of us in limbo now still looking for a solution and this was too good to be true for sure. i dont wear a hat, but i guess the next best thing you can say is go **** up a rope? maybe i can help you with that so everyone feels better.

Go see my post 15 - i was trying to say the same thing, but with the wrong backup reasoning. they are there or they are not, but they dont get added, they get unhidden or activated with this tool which is all WIC did right?

Last edited:

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
No need to ruin a perfectly good piece of rope, unless you're into that sort of thing.

Yes, the tool only enables or disables option flags that are in the BCM. But, what those options are is part of the software in the BCM and doesn't get changed unless the software gets updated.

Chrysler did this a bit on earlier vehicles, but it really became big when the PowerNet architecture debuted in 2011. Many modules are used across trim levels and, in some cases, across models and brands. This reduces the number of different variants of modules and software and makes manufacturing easier as well. The BCM maintains the vehicle's unique configuration and it, along with the rest of the modules, use this configuration data to determine how they should behave. The radio queries it to determine what buttons to show. The lighting control uses it to know how much current a given lamp should draw (LED vs incandescent) and so-on.

A configuration file is loaded at manufacturing and this is what populated all the option flags in the BCM. The official way to change them after the fact (as we know) is to update the build for that VIN in FCA's system and download a new configuration file. When you use other tools to modify the option flags directly, things are less automated. But, you get to the same place. The most important part is that you're not at the mercy of what FCA chooses to let you change.

Some of the downsides are that everything will have to be done again if the dealer ever restores the truck with the "official" configuration. There's also a bit more guesswork involved. While the dealer might be able to add a single code for the LED taillights, this doesn't translate 1:1. The BCM options are meant to not be specific to a particular vehicle, so they have more granularity. On the trucks, LED tails would require the BCM to have the LED option set for rear parking, rear turn signal, and stop lamps.

So, it's not a simple plug and play thing for the average user. If you're not careful you can turn your truck into a boat anchor. But, it is the best option we have and it works. The upside to this granularity is that we can set things that out trucks never supported from the factory, like keeping the fogs on with the highs. Or LED reverse lights, or HID headlights.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Dumb question- Is it possible there is a setting available to the AE in the BCM to activate the steering wheel GEAR +/- switches? Or even to control DRL? This tool sounds very interesting. I hard wired my seat heaters so I don't need that and I am not interested in swapping my 5.0 for an 8.4 but there is an image on the Uconnect website showing a 5.0 with HVAC controls. Its probably a car but I thought that was pretty neat.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dumb question- Is it possible there is a setting available to the AE in the BCM to activate the steering wheel GEAR +/- switches? Or even to control DRL? This tool sounds very interesting. I hard wired my seat heaters so I don't need that and I am not interested in swapping my 5.0 for an 8.4 but there is an image on the Uconnect website showing a 5.0 with HVAC controls. Its probably a car but I thought that was pretty neat.

There are 4 or 5 options for DRL in there. No idea what they do yet, one night when I remember I was going to run through them to see what they do.

The steering wheel buttons, do you have a shift stalk or rotary knob? Im curious as well. I know there is someone with the stalk and installed the wheel with the buttons and they do not work.