Sales Codes to be Flashed/Added?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

APBTMAXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Ok, gotcha. I like the idea of the A/E, but I'm not ready to drop 430 bucks just for the hopes that the software will have the codes needed. :roflsquared:

The service manager is supposed to call me back next week, so hopefully he will make some progress. He mentioned contacting an engineer, so hopefully he has a good understanding on how to get the RDZ code added to the VIN.
Hello! I need to know if still can add the rdz sales code to a tipm for a dodge ram 2500 cummins 5.9 laramie 2010 model? Who added this option for you, i mean, what dealer? Thanks in advance.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello! I need to know if still can add the rdz sales code to a tipm for a dodge ram 2500 cummins 5.9 laramie 2010 model? Who added this option for you, i mean, what dealer? Thanks in advance.
Have you looked into AlfaOBD? If I have the right things selected, it shows something about steering wheel buttons. (honestly, I stopped looking, as I'm at work, and got bored of trying to read through the options, as there are a lot.)

APBTMAXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
that it's a webpage or a forum? Dy have the link?

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
that it's a webpage or a forum? Dy have the link?
It's an android app/windows app, that uses an OBDII dongle to allow you to manually change options in the BCM, and some other controller(s) in the truck. Since you are trying to add a Sales Code to the Truck, that tells me you want to "reprogram" something in the truck, and Alfa should let you, as you seem to have a truck "new enough" for it to show in the config.

You can download the "test" app free just to validate you can get online with the truck, and generate a backup. It's not cheap at $50 for the program, but even with the "best" dongle for it, it's less than half the quoted dealer price, and I don't think the dev plans to drop the old trucks, unlike the dealers that seem to have (Well, Stellaris...)

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also, be aware that some options aren't just click and go in AlfaOBD (even if listed in the program as Present / not present), they require a different / upgraded module to added to make certain options operable.

For example: when adding the OEM trailer brake module, the options were in the BCM before I added the module.