Slowly her hands went into.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sharkdaddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Great now that I have your attention......I need to replace my Evaporative coil in the HVAC black A/C box ehind and under my dash. Not sure if I can do this or not,Dodge house wants a little over 3 Grand to do it. I know there are a lot of bolts and trim work to take off. On the quick connects on the coil can you get those disconnected without using those special QC plastic tools that slide ovecthechise and into the Quick Connects?????
For 135.00 I had Dodge house check out why I wasn't getting air flow thru my vents, I've been battling this problem for two summers now. I was so frustrated I could puke. Also got too much money into this truck I'd Loise my butt, as far as adds ins. I know there are 3-4 blend doors in this box, do they make a door hinge upgrade kit I can add or replace on all the hinge portion or some type of inserts on all my blen doors, by the way my fresh air damper blen door is not broken my E- coil is completely stopped up. Caked on so much it can't be cleaned at least that's what Dodge said. I'll find out by the way the E-Coil nearly...... 450.00 and they said I needed a new accumulator ....over 250.00, some type wiring harness and blen door upgrades.....235.14, ((((here is what I need help finding at a cheaper price...recirculating housing.....122.27, & Evaporator housing.....235.37))))nearly 1,100.00 in parts alone, not to mention 1,400.00 in Labor they want to charge. Found my E-Coil for 70.00 a 370.00 savings and my accumulator for 55.00...189.00 savings, the wiring????!hvmo idea what they are talking about ...pro just extra beer money. 68021972AA is the evaporator housing #, 68004226AC is the recirculating housing #. If anyone has a extra one sitting around give me a price cheaper than this I will pay pal you call me lv msg or text 8173681142. If you live near Keller, Texas I'll pay you 30.00 an hour if you'll come help me replace all this stuff text me well coordinate a good time to do it. Prefer night I have great lighting and shop to work in. Well here is to good luck in pulling a dash I e never done. Thanks for reading this short book

MechEngr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Dodge Ram, SLT, Crew Cab, Lone Star Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My evap coil went out 2 years ago. I do all my own auto work as well, but pulling the dash was much more than I'd like to get into. At the time I was also in the DFW area, I ended up using a shop near you, in Watauga, Jeffrey's Automotive, to have it done. They did good work and seem trustworthy, as their initial quote for me was above $1300, ended up being right at $1100. So, give'em a look if you decide to have it done instead...