SLT to Lone Star Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STYSMason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Ok basically the lone star was 10k more from the dealer than the regular SLT I purchased. I want to make it as close to a factory Lone Star as possible. I added cluster and 8.4 and console. Soon to get a power driver seat. One concern I have is Im going to swap the antenna for sat and nav, also will be swapping the rearview mirror but want to make sure the 911 assist mirror is just swap plug and play. Also can I swap front and rear bumper with back up assist and front assist, but is the plug there for those? Also is the fog light plug already there. Lastly can I add the rear sliding glass window? Is the plug there for he window and just need the new overhead console?

Some would say it impractical, but Im 50% complete of swap and only in it for $800 after I did the swap and sold the old parts, so its actually worth it at this point just a lot of work.

If anyone wants to chime in and help me with this swap id appreciate it.
Thanks!

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Ok basically the lone star was 10k more from the dealer than the regular SLT I purchased. I want to make it as close to a factory Lone Star as possible. I added cluster and 8.4 and console. Soon to get a power driver seat. One concern I have is Im going to swap the antenna for sat and nav, also will be swapping the rearview mirror but want to make sure the 911 assist mirror is just swap plug and play. Also can I swap front and rear bumper with back up assist and front assist, but is the plug there for those? Also is the fog light plug already there. Lastly can I add the rear sliding glass window? Is the plug there for he window and just need the new overhead console?

Some would say it impractical, but Im 50% complete of swap and only in it for $800 after I did the swap and sold the old parts, so its actually worth it at this point just a lot of work.

If anyone wants to chime in and help me with this swap id appreciate it.
Thanks!

911 Mirror is plug and play you just need the correct wire harness that plugs in by the dash speaker on the right and runs up the pass. A pillar then across the headliner to the mirror.

You cant add factory front and rear park assist unless you're willing to drop $2K on wiring harnesses and strip the WHOLE truck wiring harness' and replace them. Then you would need to get the extension pig tails that run between the sensors and the chassis harness. Then you would need the 3 control boxes for the sensors, along with the control panel for under the radio that has the buttons to turn them off and on. Best bet would just get 2 sets of aftermarket sensors, or do a front and rear camera and run the customtronix software to enable them on the 8.4. You'll also have to grease alot of palms or have contacts at chrysler corporate to get them to add the sales codes for the sensors.

Fog light wires "should" run to the black body connector behind the driver headlight in the engine bay, but fuse may not be there. Believe there is a thread somewhere on here about adding factory fogs.

EDIT: Sliding rear window Follow Rick Ram's Info

Source: I'm the only person I believe that has added factory parking sensors to a truck that is a lower trim and didnt come with them...

Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed a Power sliding rear window in my Express. I.have the 8.4 now but my truck came with the 5.0 with the overhead console. There were no wires there for mine at all in the overhead console. I did have the two power wires routed up my drivers side C pillar. They are Red/Yellow= power ignition on and Black for ground. That is the only factory wiring I had to work with. This is where the factory power window switch is powered from. I was able to get a harness out of a wrecked truck so I traced the wires. I don't have any other factory wiring but this is still simple to install. You need three things plus the wire to connect it all.

1. Power Sliding window
2. Power slider switch
3. Factory repair connector for a cleaner install for rear window PN...05161926AA

This is a simple reverse polarity setup there are no modules are codes involved on your sliding widow switch you have 5 pins. If you look at the switch with the pins if you look at the back of the switch with it facing away from you they are as follows

1.Upper left= open
2.Middle top= Power
3.Upper right=Close
4.Lower left=Illumination
5.Middle=Empty slot
6.Lower Right=Ground

To install
1.Tap the power and ground unto yor drivers side C pillar wiring as described
2 Run a wire for slot 1 open and slot 3 close from the switch over to the passenger side C pillar and the atach it to the connector 05151926AA. This will then be connected to the window motor.
3. Connect the illumination wire #4 to a dash controlled light source. I am using the light that illuminates the console. I had Benny an AllMoparParts.com look everything up for me and the harness that would be needed just for the back to go to the power slider was about a thousand dollars. You need to pull the headliner down to run your wiring but the actual wiring in itself is simple to do. I have the window installed and tested and it works great. I am going to run the permanent wiring when the truck goes in for the recall since they need to pulll the headliner down anyway. I know the mechanic and he is going to only atach what he has to that holds the headliner up and I will finish it up when I get it back. Since your truck is an SLT you may already have more of the wiring in place. I recomend shooting Benny a P.M so he can run your Vin and see. If you did it would remove a few steps. But either way this us not hard to do. If you have the Or/Brn wire Brn/Or wire and the Light brn/Dkbrn wire going down your passenger side C pillar it woukd indicate you had more of the wiring already in place. These are a few pics of the install. I was gonna take more but we were in a hurry becsuse of the weather. I went to.the locsl ACE Hardware store and bought the harware to install the motor.

20151101_105226.jpg

20151101_105438.jpg

20151101_135639.jpg

20151108_170244.jpg

20151108_170301.jpg

Last edited:

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Rick, did you buy that kit new? How much was it?

He got it from a company in CA, same place I just ordered mine from. Comes as the complete window with motor and also 2 tubes of sealant for $400. Rick and I are designing a harness together that would make it 100% plug and play.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes as stated I bought a factory O.E replacement window with motor from an outfit in C.A. for 410.00 shipped. They are on ebay. Lilly auto glass Make sure you get an O.E.( Original equipment) it should say Mopar in the corner of the glass . This is honestly not hard to do. The wiring is simple. The main problem is the Chrysler does not offer a repair plug for the window switch and no one seems to make one. You can still connect your wires to the power slider switch by soldering them or finding a spade terminal that fits but it's not as clean. I was lucky and found a harness out of a truck with the slider so I have the plug. Junkyards always throw them away or cut them up. The harness is taped to the headliner so you have to purchase the whole assembly snd it's over a thousand dollars. I talked to CuylerTech last night and he is going to try to develop a harness. It is literally five wires. You do need to remove your rear seats/C pillar covers and lower your headliner for the install. We also may be able to add the option of having an on off switch in your rear overhead light like the higher trim level trucks since that wiring runs off of the same plug. Looking into that.

Last edited:

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Getting the connector shells, pins and associated TPA and or secondary locking devices should be easy enough. The cost for parts to build that harness would likely be less $10.00

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am not good at finding that kinda stuff like you guys but from what I have read the plug for the switch is the problem. Obviously the parts are availible just need to find them. And you are correct it's a super simple harness.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
I already found them once before about a year ago. I was contemplating doing this as well, but changed my mind as I have a manual slider and a regular cab. If I remember right the shells were like $1.50 each and the pins were like .13 cents apiece, not sure if they had secondary locking devices, I do not believe they do. So about a 1.50 for the plugs and maybe 5.00 or so for the wire.

The problem is very few folks are going to do this do to the amount of work, time, money and ivasion of the truck. It looks great by the way.

Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thx I like it alot. I had a slider in my Regular cab as well. It was right there didn't need to be power. I loved it used to open it all of the time. Bought my quad chevy in 98 with no slider because you can't reach the thing to open and close it but missed it. Got so used to not having it a didn't even think about a power slider when I bought the Dodge but then realized I would like to to have one again. In my opinion the cost is not that high considering what we are paying for some of the other mods we do but I guess that's subjective. I figure the total cost would be under 600.00 with the window, instalation, switch and wiring. I think with my twisted little mind it's almost more of the challenge of figuring it out than anything else!

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I already found them once before about a year ago. I was contemplating doing this as well, but changed my mind as I have a manual slider and a regular cab. If I remember right the shells were like $1.50 each and the pins were like .13 cents apiece, not sure if they had secondary locking devices, I do not believe they do. So about a 1.50 for the plugs and maybe 5.00 or so for the wire.

The problem is very few folks are going to do this do to the amount of work, time, money and ivasion of the truck. It looks great by the way.

Do you have a link? I called 5 different distributors for connectors in the US and England, and the part number for the slider does not exist except a phone number in mexico.

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cuyler Tech is able to help you do the front and rear parking assist a little cheaper than 2K with my help. Between us we can make the harnesses necessary to just do an add-in and not have to strip and rip. You will still need to get the codes added to your BCM, but I would say the cost is closer to 1400 - maybe slightly less and no REMOVAL- just adding. What do you say Cuyler?

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As for the rear window - I can help Cuyler as well- I have a 2015 Complete harness for the body minus a few plugs I have used myself for heated seats in the front, that I can ship to Cuyler for him to do his magic. Let me know what you think Cuyler, talk to Ricks Ram and I can send you what you need so we just do an add-in and no crazy solidering.

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For the record, I am the guy who added vented and heated seats to the front and rear of a sport that only came with heated fronts- and did it all by adding 3 plugs and extracting the wires from a full harness kit, dealer added the codes for me. Since then I am doing Durango mods now, adding folding, heated, turn signal and puddle light mirrors to Durangos that don't come with them from Grand Cherokees. If you want it, we can make it happen!

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would this setup work as factory using the factory switches after the sales code is added?

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
if Cuyler builds it than yes.
don't forget about putting the holes in the bumper and that's it!

OP
OP
S

STYSMason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Whats the part number for the sensors?

OP
OP
S

STYSMason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Ok well another discovery today, when installing my new leather wheel i noticed there was a blue plug, and it plugged in to to wire plug on the heated portion of the steering wheel. Can this feature simply be added?