For those who installed train horns: Triggers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey guys,

So I've really been thinking of adding a set of train horns/compressor to the rig. My question is to the ones who have installed them; what do you have as triggers?

As an active volunteer firefighter, I loved the set up we had for the air horns in our Rescue truck. The regular horn AND air horns were activated by the steering wheel horn. We have a toggle switch that controls the difference. In is in either "Horn" mode or in "Air Horn" mode. So when you press the horn control, it activates whatever is selected on the toggle. I'm wondering if this is possible with my truck?

So, in short, I'd like to see what you guys have done as far as triggers for the air horn and would also like some people to chime in about the toggle questions. Thanks guys! :favorites13:

Adam

Vncnz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What I did was I used the factory rear windows slider switch my truck is the express which has a solid window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Use an on/off/on switch
Cut the positive 12v wire to your OEM horn under the hood. Weathertight splice one wire to the truck side of the horn wire. Weathertight splice a second wire to the horn side. Run both to the cab where your switch will go. Wire the 12v wire that you just spliced to the center terminal on the switch. Wire the OEM horn wire that you spliced to one side of the switch. Wire your trigger for train horns to third terminal.
Switch in one position you have OEM horn on the steering wheel. Put the switch in the other position and you have train horn on your steering wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk