Tie offs in OEM bedrails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

macturbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just purchased my 2015 Ram, came with stock black plastic bed rails. The two back tie off holes closest to the tailgate are open like you would usually expect, the two closest to the cab have the outline of the square tie off, but it does not pop out it's permanenty closed. I need to get a 1" pvc pipe in there, which fits in the back open holes. I was just gonna put a 1" router bit on a drill and cut a hole through the plastic. Does anyone have a better idea?

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used a box cutter/razor blade. The outline is NOT the same size as the hole that is there - find the center of the outlined rectangle and punch the razor through the plastic, then carefully push it to the edge in any direction until it doesn't move any more, then slowly follow the edge of the pocket until you have gone all the way around.

OP
OP
M

macturbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used a box cutter/razor blade. The outline is NOT the same size as the hole that is there - find the center of the outlined rectangle and punch the razor through the plastic, then carefully push it to the edge in any direction until it doesn't move any more, then slowly follow the edge of the pocket until you have gone all the way around.

Ok. I thought the plastic would be thicker than that and would break the blade. Yeah I assume it's as big as the back one, not as wide as the square. I may still go the router route. Thanks

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

polock48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those bull rings look pretty nice. How do you like them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I installed all four last year, they work great and very well made. I used the cutter wheel and router bit from bull ring. You don't have to worry about nicking the factory paint and finished cut is perfect. After spending $$$$$$ for a new 2015 what the hell is a couple of more $$.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963