Upgrading upper control arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rubes7202

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2015 Ram 1500. Thinking about leveling it and was wondering if I should upgrade the upper control arms. I say this because I hear factory ones kick out after lifting. Thoughts anyone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Depends on how you level. If Billsteins, then almost no one has had issues, up to 2.1, and so very few, as to be unworthy of notice, have had soem issues, at 2.8.

However, when I did my Bills, I went with 2.1 and got Mevotechs. For the best reason of all. I only wanted to mess with it, once, AND< I ma the not the guy who wins the lottery. my luck tends to go in the other direction.

My single greatest concern was the slight wobble, again so few mentioned it that is unworthy of notice, some have mentioned, at highway speeds and at 2.8 setting. Hence. 2.1 for me
Did not see any sense to raise my front end, to 2.8, gain 0.7 inches, only to have to add a spacer, to teh rear, to make it look right.

2.1 left me enough slight rake that my truck looks level, nto nose high as a truly level tends to appear, and I have no worries aoubt 4x4 highway speed wobbles or my UCA being stressed.

so, after all this, yes, upgrade to mevotechs, you are already in there, cheap $100 inusrance. go with billsteins set to 2.1 and leave the rear spacer out of the equation.

OP
OP
rubes7202

rubes7202

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Depends on how you level. If Billsteins, then almost no one has had issues, up to 2.1, and so very few, as to be unworthy of notice, have had soem issues, at 2.8.

However, when I did my Bills, I went with 2.1 and got Mevotechs. For the best reason of all. I only wanted to mess with it, once, AND< I ma the not the guy who wins the lottery. my luck tends to go in the other direction.

My single greatest concern was the slight wobble, again so few mentioned it that is unworthy of notice, some have mentioned, at highway speeds and at 2.8 setting. Hence. 2.1 for me
Did not see any sense to raise my front end, to 2.8, gain 0.7 inches, only to have to add a spacer, to teh rear, to make it look right.

2.1 left me enough slight rake that my truck looks level, nto nose high as a truly level tends to appear, and I have no worries aoubt 4x4 highway speed wobbles or my UCA being stressed.

so, after all this, yes, upgrade to mevotechs, you are already in there, cheap $100 inusrance. go with billsteins set to 2.1 and leave the rear spacer out of the equation.
Thanks. I was thinking going with ReadLift ucas, but I like the mevotech price point, vs $599 for readylift.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Thanks. I was thinking going with ReadLift ucas, but I like the mevotech price point, vs $599 for readylift.

If this is goign to be soem huge 29 inch lift, go with something more than mevotechs. If it is going to be rock crawling, every other day, go with somethign other than m3evotechs. If it is going to be 99% pavement, with some driving across open fields, not ravines and up mountain sides, go with mevotechs and dont look back.

if above scenario, again 99% have no issues with oem UCa but, what is your luck like? for $100 mevotechs are cheap.

Garrett Reid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new to this site but i have a 07 ram 1500 2wd with a inch lift sitting on 37s ive been reading alot about uppercontrol arm issues with pushing tires this big and was wondering if anyone has any advice on what i should go with to upgrade.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
new to this site but i have a 07 ram 1500 2wd with a inch lift sitting on 37s ive been reading alot about uppercontrol arm issues with pushing tires this big and was wondering if anyone has any advice on what i should go with to upgrade.

might check in the 3rd gen section. 4th gen might be different.

Last edited: