WD hitch questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

socalledchad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at a small travel trailer in the future so looking to get a weight distribution hitch ...i have a few questions though.

First. I tow multiple trailes..can I use just the hitch part without the bars and and chains when pulling my smaller trailers ? Or would I need to pull the hitch and put my standard hitch and ball back on?

Second. The trailer I pull most often is a 6x12 v nose enclosed. The normal weight is about 2500 lbs. Sometimes I'll load materials for short distances and get it to 3500 4k lbs I don't really have an issue pulling it..but would the wdh Make noticeable improvement with just the 2500 lbs? ...there is some bounce on bumpy roads but not major..woukd it improve this ?

Third...my travel trailer will probably weigh 4 to 6k max. I read you don't want to go to a heavy wdh with a lighter trailer....ie bigger is not better in this case.. can anyone confirm this ? I'm looking at the 600 lbs vs the 1000 model because of that.

My truck ...13 1500 CC. 3.55 5.7 6 speed. Air lift 1000 installed.

OP
OP
S

socalledchad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Crap I meant to put this in the towing hauling forum

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads