Wrapping my door handles. (need help)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timmmithy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So ive got some vinyl wrap coming in the mail. And, I plan to wrap my ugly black handles to match my white truck. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a way to separate the handle. Basically, I would like to have the actual moving part separate from the anchored plastic part. I dont know if this is possible, but it would make wrapping a lot easier. I don't have pictures (it's too dark outside), but if you guys feel like I need to explain myself better, I couldn't some when it's light out.

By the way, I know I can buy body color handles for a decent price, but I'm doing this to test the vinyl color on the body color, my final plan is to wrap my bumper and grill so long as it matches.

Also, this is my first post, so let me know if I'm doing something wrong, thanks!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So ive got some vinyl wrap coming in the mail. And, I plan to wrap my ugly black handles to match my white truck. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a way to separate the handle. Basically, I would like to have the actual moving part separate from the anchored plastic part. I dont know if this is possible, but it would make wrapping a lot easier. I don't have pictures (it's too dark outside), but if you guys feel like I need to explain myself better, I couldn't some when it's light out.

By the way, I know I can buy body color handles for a decent price, but I'm doing this to test the vinyl color on the body color, my final plan is to wrap my bumper and grill so long as it matches.

Also, this is my first post, so let me know if I'm doing something wrong, thanks!

http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?t=79539

OP
OP
T

timmmithy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure that's what I'm looking for.

c83d1388154c5af188ae1fb023d20504.jpg

See how I am pullingthe handle as if I were opening the door, well I want that part that's being pulled to be separate from the black piece that is solidly anchored to the door.

Again, I don't even know if it's possible, but I don't need to remove the entire handle.

JExpress14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am not sure if that's possible, the entire handle itself is held on by three bolts on the inside of the door. I know that is not answering the question you had sorry. You should just go onto ebay and see if you can find paint matched oem handles for cheap.

DaKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Old, I know. But do you have pictures of finished product?

Wondering what it would look like.

Thanks