Xpress Kit Auto Start Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12 Ram Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I tried the install on the dodge dart and it went fine until i noticed that after the car has been remotely started you can no longer use the key fob to lock or unlock doors you have to use the metal key to manually get in and put the key in and if u take it out the motor wont shut off until you press the break i didnt try to drive it around then take the key out to see if that stops the motor but when i look on the xpresskits website in the flashing process when you choose 3x start without the smart key it says that is a normal feature of the firmware that u can only get in with a manual key after its started....did any of you guys experience this with your standard key on the the ram not the push button start kind

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Nope. I can push 3x on lock and then 1x on unlock and it works fine.

yodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 hemi
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A
Nope. I can push 3x on lock and then 1x on unlock and it works fine.

same here mine works fine. I've actually noticed I pressed my unlock on accident three times and it started my truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 Ram Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Odd it must be something with the firmware when you do the install on darts i read on xpresskits website that it will be able to start your carr but then the security on the car overrides the key fob so u have to use your manual key to get in and thats normal on darts for now kind of a pain but ill probably just take it off and get a factory one at this point also i know this is random and probably wont do much good on a ram forum but just a heads up if you guys own dodge darts if you disconect the battery at all it throws a check engine light u1504 or u1540 i cant remember witch but i guess thats normal nowbin these new cars and it goes away after about 40 miles of driving you can not clear it with a scan tool

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Just intalled mine last night, works great.

madrussian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want this but apparently the price is back up to $219.95 from being down to $169.95 a few days ago? Any ideas why? Was there some sort of special I missed?

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Changes to the software that is required I believe is what he said when I bought mine.

stew930

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
$220 is approaching the point of not being worth it for a do it yourself system. Isn't the dealer installed remote start with two new key fobs $250?

yodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 hemi
Engine
5.7 Hemi
$220 is approaching the point of not being worth it for a do it yourself system. Isn't the dealer installed remote start with two new key fobs $250?

The hardware for the factory remote start is that much.. But to have them install it I was quoted $800.
I love my dball and unless I tell you people can't remote start because they don't know it's there

12 Ram Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I took the one i tried to install off of my dart but i cant return it to that doug guy i guess so i might try to sell it does anyone know if i the log in to xpresskits website to do the xkloader stuff can be done without doug i have all the hardware just no log in for someone to flash it

stew930

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The hardware for the factory remote start is that much.. But to have them install it I was quoted $800.
I love my dball and unless I tell you people can't remote start because they don't know it's there

Thanks for the clarification.

jmckeejr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Has anyone had a problem where after programming the dball2 flashes red 7x on start command? I've tried this like 8 times already and about to throws in the towel. They stopped allowing 3x lock start to be programed but I flashed it the day before they made the change. Grr

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Has anyone had a problem where after programming the dball2 flashes red 7x on start command? I've tried this like 8 times already and about to throws in the towel. They stopped allowing 3x lock start to be programed but I flashed it the day before they made the change. Grr

I had that happen a few times because I was screwing up the part where you turn the key, remove the key, put it in and turn it again.
I was going past "run" to "start" and actually cranking the motor when I was turning the key. Once I just turned it to "run" not "start" the programming worked and I was able to hook it back up to the computer to set the code it generated.

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
How do I get a login if I buy this kit second hand? Do I just create an account or what

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would this work as well? Seems pretty cheap and does the 3xlock to start... Says everything is included to do it.

FITS THESE VEHICLES ONLY - Dodge RAM C/V 2010-2014

2010 2014 Dodge RAM C V Remote Start Add on Factory Key Fob 3X Lock Plug N Play | eBay

even though it says to '14 that will not work. the firmware and the harness are different from 09-12 to 13-14.

idatalink (maker of flashlogic) hasnt released a quick t-harness for the 13+ ram.

look into the dball and its t-harness.

Iczer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram Black Express
Engine
even though it says to '14 that will not work. the firmware and the harness are different from 09-12 to 13-14.

idatalink (maker of flashlogic) hasnt released a quick t-harness for the 13+ ram.

look into the dball and its t-harness.

So many options!

Like this then? I don't want to go cheap on something that won't last, but there's many options and of course some people are out to make more than others on the same items.

Directed Xpresskit Combo Dball CHTHD1 T Harness w Firmware for Your Vehicle | eBay