160 k Miles Valve seals and Other stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Time to do a couple preventative mods as Weds Morning I have an appt to have my Magnaflow High flow cat installed (aquired from Moes Performane thanks Matt/Ken) since the 03 only has one with a bit of a choke point at the factory exit point of the cat.

So this is the plan.

Re-install ported TB (Done)
New Map sensor (Done)
16 x felpro valve seals
16 x 6.1 exhaust springs with buckets (was running without them due to tools avail back at Cam install #1)
8 x 6.1 exhaust push rods to be closer to the Mopar performance rod spec (5.7 intake side OK)
Oil change /filter
***Adjust B&M shifter cable so i have 1st gear again so i can do some hard launches and check my Zero-Sixty times.

If my truck sits for more than a day i been getting some nice clouds of blue smoke on start-up. One done 15 to go LOL.....
Am off for next two weeks so this is task one on the books. Need to get this done so i can go camping. Gonna check all the spark plugs and re-gap if required. I am expecting to see some gains from this and the new Cat.

Gonna charge my phone and will post up pics. First thing i noticed was the size of the hole in the new seal stem vs the old one on the first switch done, thought i had the wrong part/kit, but with a small tap on a 19mm socket she went home easily. I am liking my new used Devilbiss 25 Gal compressor as well. Cheers Danny

EDIT: Monday update. Phone charger misplaced for taking pics, half way done, and gotta move on between rain showers. Seen not much interest here anyways, can answer any questions you guys have though as I have some tricks to make this job go smoothly and without headaches. Danny.

Last edited:
OP
OP
03MopaRamman

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Got some, just gotta put em to photobucket and will add a wrire up from my lap-top. I will try and do later today.

The Truck now has a smooth idle, no noisey valve train, and runs the best ever since i bought it. Definate difference in exhaust note and sound when i get on it with the new High flow Cat. I learned a couple things from doing this work to the truck. Am ready to tow my trailer now!

I,ll be back, Danny.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Its nice to see you taking such great care of your truck. Most of the 03's I see around here are beat up and abused.