2002 dodge ram 1500: parking brake switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spuz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 l v8
emergency brake

ebrake light does not go out unless i put stick in the switch to open it.

there is a metal thing that comes close to opening switch when ebrake is released. i guess there is something plastic that broke off. is there something i can glue on so switch opens when ebrake is released?

OP
OP
S

spuz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 l v8
ok, so now it is working. light goes out when parking brake is applied.
Im now pushing the ebrake almost to the floor. Is that normal? to have to push so far down? if i dont push to floor the brake is not effective. anyway, light has gone out.

RR7999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So mine goes to the floor but the pads are currently worn out. One thing I noticed with my ebrake is I have to hold the release and pull it back just a 1/4 inch it doesn’t seem to pop to get the light off I’m fixing it here shortly I’ll let you know if I find anything that might help

Spoonsize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMHO....the light not only notifies when the brake is on but also when there is a mechanical issue with the brakes, ie: worn pads, or even rusty/seized parts not allowing the brakes and/or cables to return to the normal off position.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio