Well two more days of work and I finally got the headers all done. The install was fairly simple. The pacesetters fit right in no problem, I was frankly surprised how easily the fit up on the driver side.
I read somewhere on here that you had to grind off a mounting tab on the passenger side of the transmission. I did that, but I may have taken Alittle too much off
As far as I can tell, it's just the bell housing so there isn't any pressure or fluid inside there, so I just filled the gap in with silicone to keep out water and debris.
The next problem I ran into was my idea of trying to reuse the old y pipe. I tried to figure out how to fab my own new one, but I figured raw material would cost me over $150 and the pacesetter y pipe was only $230. So I made a run to summit racing again to pick up the y pipe and get pack to work. It fit very well and saved me a lot of time and hassle.
Well instead of getting new cats I decided to do a cat delete. I had to add a bung in the y pipe for the downstream o2 sensor since none was provided. I went with the non fouler trick, so instead of welding a threaded bung on, I just drilled a hole in the pipe and welded one of the non foulers in. I just screwed the other non fouler into that and called it good.
The next issue was the fuel and egr relief valve lines on the driver side. They were practically on top of the exhaust collector. I put the fuel line in the next slot up on the bracket on the frame. I found some heat shield wrap at AutoZone and covered the various lines in it. Then I took a piece of sheet metal and bent it over and around the pipe and shot a few screws into the frame to hold it. Hopefully that helps.
Lastly, since I didn't have cats on the driver side originally, (I'm assuming because I have the 4x4) I had to plug the o2 hole on the driver side header. I went to napa and they had a plug for it for $9.
It definitely changed the exhaust note, gave it just a touch of a chug to it. It sounds pretty good with my summit racing rat back. I haven't driven it much today yet, but it did seem Alittle snappier on the throttle. Can't wait to see if it's any better on the on ramps or not. I'm definitely happy to get rid of the exhaust leak on the driver side and the cracked header on the other side!