2006 ram transmission limp mode 545rfe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2006 ram 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone I'm new to this form hopefully I'm posting this in the correct area but my issue is recently my lovely Dodge pick up truck started shuttering or in limp mode every time I come to a stop fix this issueThe truck has to be put in park shut the truck off restart the truck that I can drive off like normal till I have to come to a stop again does not do it all the time but random some days will do it non stop then other days won't do it at all sounds like wire issue ? Actions I have done taken dealer pulled code p0871 I have replaced every sensor on the outside of this transmission speed sensors and oil pressure sensor pull the transmission pan change fluid and filters still doing it so I want to head pull the valve body out put a trans go shift kit in it and I also want to head and put a new solenoid pack in and when I put it all back together and all lined up and Holy hell I thought I broke my truck I could not get the ******* thing out of first gear until the air worked itself out and I added more fluid now it seems to be a little better but ever since I pulled the valve body it seems to act up more then normal I know I put the trans go shift kit in right pretty straight forward but I had tipm issues I lost low beams so I called the stealer ship they said hey we can reflash the computer and tcm for 80 bucks seems to be the issue so that's the next step unless some one can straight up tell me my trans is dead which I'd be hard-pressed to believe that 133k miles if anything transmission is gone at that point I'll be pretty disappointed with Chrysler and let me go over some more symptoms it doesn't matter when it's put in the Limp mode I can shift it in 1st gear still does it 2nd gear same truck has to be in park and off for a couple seconds then restart and then I can drive off but sometimes it will do it right after again or I won't do it again and I can drive it all the way to work without any issues the truck comes in and out of it year is 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 hemi 545rfe trans known issue with tipm thank you for all your help sorry about the long run on sentence

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 182

Thundervee

Reaction score
Ram Year
98, 05
Engine
5.9 Gas 5.7 hemi
My 05 is doing almost the same exact thing except it goes in limp mode as soon as you shift it in gear, I have no ground at the trans control relay socket but I have a ground in the C-5 plug. Makes no sense to me lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

2006 ram 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update

Went to the dealer cost me about 100 bucks for new flash but the truck did not have one issue driving there going into limp had them still flash it and update so far drove over 100 miles no issue dealer tech was very knowledgeable of this issue gave me the run down happend to him he said to pull all the plugs involving your transmission and ECM tipm clean them and pull any off road lights Ect from the truck no other loads so far I just pulled the loads and I did not have no issues today truck drove great I still think to this day my tipm needed a flash even if he said it did not help I think it did because it was computer related my issue but will show report what the dealer said plus tech said these trucks are super **** when it comes to there electronics that run the truck everything is monitored and if there's a voltage spike you can trip it so he recommended like I said pull all accessories you put on and try it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 116
OP
OP

2006 ram 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Replying to what you said about ur truck ur lucky it's a 05 because 06 is 1st year of the horrible tipm issues where dodge said **** ur fuze box and everything envoleing simple ownership and trouble shooting so if you cut wire and ground it out you won't trip the fuze but the lovely computer then you need to bring it to the dealer so the can restart **** that I lost my low beams and ran new wire to my fog lights to power my head lights damn company's with there so called technology to make are lives easier what a joke sorry my rant on that stupid tipm but back to ur issue I was told there is solenoid valves if I am right don't hold it to me I have completely different trans I think then you in my truck but change them out is easy as hell drop the pan there right there with my year the whole valve body comes out of the transmission I am 21 I said basically screw it my trans is all ready acting up I can't really **** it up at this point / steelers hip wants 116hour what a joke comes with free bottle lube to but any way pulled the pan all 5/16 bolt heads and will need t25 t handle pull filters then disconnect the wiring harness and top my transmission pull 5bolts that's it she comes right out I put a new solenoid pack on mine with transgo shift kit and she runs great with it now then put it all back together after I did that I had to put 10qts fluid back in atf plus 4 kind run down what I did don't no if it's that same but might help you