DIY HD steering stabilizer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treefg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a thump in the front end and the truck would wander every time I hit a pot hole going down the highway, I installed the Dodge Steering Stabilizer Dodge Ram Steering Gear Box Stabilizer. It works great and tightens up the entire front end, makes the steering wheel feel tight and firms up everything, it truly is the best money I have spent on this truck.

It took about 30 minutes to install.
I unbolted the sway bar and used a strap to hold it up so it wouldn't fall and break the end links, biggest hassle of the entire set up.
Then you loosen the bolt at the pitman arm. The kit comes with a long bolt , tighten it as much as possible.
Install the bar and then bolt the sway bar back up, centering the long bolt from the power steering box in the hole. Make sure you tighten the sway bar as tight as possible before even thinking about the bearing for the power steering pump, so as to not put extra pressure on the box. once everything is tight, put the bearing on , don't worry about it if it is not centered as it will center itself. tighten to specs and it is done. the explanation sounds worse than it is.
Good Luck

OP
OP
T

treefg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will get a few pics this weekend when I put on the new tires. this is only for the 4x4 2500, 3500 trucks.

hemi powered

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I am having the exact same problem with my 08 1500. Is there a option like this for the 1500 or something else that will get rid of this. Truck rides like a tractor. And wonders over every bump te kind of dangerous because sometimes it takes me into the next lane.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I am having the exact same problem with my 08 1500. Is there a option like this for the 1500 or something else that will get rid of this. Truck rides like a tractor. And wonders over every bump te kind of dangerous because sometimes it takes me into the next lane.

That sounds more like bad end links . Jack the truck up and see how muh play is in there .

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Here are pics of mine ... since I have not seen the op around

2011-09-13163424.jpg

2011-09-13163410.jpg

2011-09-13163355.jpg