Doesn't idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Getonmylevel305

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When i turn the ignition to start the truck, it revs high one time and shuts off. I've replaced almost all electrical components, like new throttle body, crankshaft position sensor, new battery, new starter, new ignition coils with spark plug wires, map sensor, air intake sensor. My truck is not staying on and not idling at all. If some can please help me with some good advice, i would really appreciate it. I need my truck for work and dont want to get rid of it.

jeff.leonard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What year is your truck, which engine do you have, and how high are the RPMs when it shuts off?

If the idle isn't really high you might want to look into the ignition disable system (don't remember what Dodge calls it). The Dodge keys seem to lose the RFID tag for some reason. I had to replace mine but I think it normally shuts off after you put it in gear (but will verify) and I know it doesn't rev up first. This is why I asked about the rpm.

OutLore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So you can keep it running with the throttle but the moment you let off the gas it cuts out? Or does it just not run at all?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45