high beams plus fogs aka jumper mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
these work on 02-05 models only

Fog light jumper version 1

Remove the fuse box cover. Pull the fog light relay #62 and the parking light relay #73. Then run about a 8” jumper wire from pin 87 on the fog light relay to the 87 pin on the parking light relay. I used some 18awg speaker wire that I had lying around. I have heard of people soldering the wire but is not necessary. Just wrap the wire around the pin once and put the relays back in place. This will make the fog lights come on when the parking light is turned on. The fog lights will always be on when your lights are on, you lose control of the fog lights. So if this is a problem for you try method 2

fogjump2.jpg

fogjump1.jpg

Fog light jumper version 2

i found this while searching around one day.

This worked on my 04 and should for other years up to 06. I found the threads on the fog light jumper but that makes the fogs come on all the time without control of them and I did not want that. I made them come on with the high beams only. You still have control of them with the park lights and low beams, but when you switch on the high beams, the fogs come on. All you need is a relay.

Here is what I did: Remove the drivers headlight and the 2 light harnesses. Run a wire from the high beam wire, don't remember what color, I think it was either white/blue or white/green. Run that to pin 85 on the relay. Hook pins 86 & 87 to ground, and then pin 30 to pin 86 on the fog lamp relay in the fuse box (relay 62 I beleive).

Thats it, no lamp out lights either. When the high beams are activated so is the relay, sending a ground signal to the coil of the fog lamp relay, activating it. You can use small gauge wire for everything since it's all just signal wires with no loads, I used 16-18 gauge.

fogjump3.jpg

Last edited:

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome. Mine are always on so I really need to do this!

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
it seriously takes all of 1 minute to do version 1. strip off about an inch of isulation off the wire on either end for wraping purpose. i like it when i have my high beams, fog lights and hellas all on at once, so does oncoming traffic they wave all the time.

Last edited:

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
^^ Hahaha I have 5000k HID's on my 2006 Yamaha R6. "CrotchRocket". I always ride with my high/low beam on and it's fukken bright. I can literally see inside peoples windows and houses at night as I drive through the neighborhood lol! And yeah... motorists also wave and give me the finger all the time =P Oh well

AParrette

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix
Engine
3.8L SUPERCHARGED
if you have hid fogs, the jumper will not completely power the ballasts so you can get only 1 to turn on or flickering. this will only affect you if you dont have a relay kit on the fogs. i fixed this by adding a switch to the middle of the jumper in the cab. kill the jumper, turn on your hid fogs, turn the switch the fogs will stay on with your highs. i removed this from my truck and replaced it w/ 4 100w hellas

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
good info alex maybe a diagram to help people that have hids

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
^^ Hahaha I have 5000k HID's on my 2006 Yamaha R6. "CrotchRocket". I always ride with my high/low beam on and it's fukken bright. I can literally see inside peoples windows and houses at night as I drive through the neighborhood lol! And yeah... motorists also wave and give me the finger all the time =P Oh well

At least they have no trouble seeing you!! There have been a lot of fatalities this year bike oriented sad too say.

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
way to kill a thread rocket

ramfanatic

Banned
Reaction score
i have a diagram on how to do this with a relay and hids works fine on mine also have my highs and lows and fogs come on at the same time with high beams

brantner22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I have HID's in my fogs and I used version 1. Haven't had any issues with flickering or not working. It's a DDM Tuning HID Kit. I just don't like the idea of not having control of the fogs when my parking lights are on. So I came up with this:

I should be able to run a wire from the high beam power wire to a diode and then into the fog light power wire. I don't see why this wouldn't work? That's what I did with my high and low beams. Now my low beams work with my highs and does not shut off when I turn my highs on. I don't see why the same concept wouldn't work with my fogs. That way I could still have control over the fogs during parking lights and lows. Let me know what you guys think.

yarosig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 SO cummins
Oklahemi, can you post up the original thread pictures again?