How To Seatbelt Chime Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colin83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks for the post. Nice when i. In the field training my dog and need in and out frequently. Now I don't have to have the belt buckled behind me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No H2O

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
V6
I have a 2006 RAM 1500.

This won't work for me since the connection between the buckle and the harness going to the board has been severed so no signal can be passed from buckle to board.

I prefer not removing the gauge cluster to remove the speaker since gauge clusters are sensitive, on every other car I've done that on, something else on the cluster had broken.

Is there a fuse I can remove or any other option to disable that annoying chime...?

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2006 RAM 1500.

This won't work for me since the connection between the buckle and the harness going to the board has been severed so no signal can be passed from buckle to board.

I prefer not removing the gauge cluster to remove the speaker since gauge clusters are sensitive, on every other car I've done that on, something else on the cluster had broken.

Is there a fuse I can remove or any other option to disable that annoying chime...?

No they don't fuse the seatbelt chime. There are very minimal fuses in the 06-up trucks anyway. But yeah if they fused stuff as little as a seatbelt chime there would be about a million fuses under the hood.

The only other option is if you have a friend at the dealership they might be able to deactivate it. But you would have to be a very good friend because really no one is going to deactivate a safety device for you. I don't even know if this is an option anyway, the only way to do it may be with the process described in this thread.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have a 2006 RAM 1500.

The Bully Dog tuner might do it on an 06 not sure.

No H2O

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
V6
Ok so here's the simple solution to this:
Unplug the seatbelt and board harness blocks from each other.
(obviously) Forget the seatbelt block at this point but note that there are only two pins within the seatbelt block, the rest of the slots are open.
Use a paper clip to complete the circuit on the board end by jamming each end of the paper clip into each opening of the board block that corresponds to where the two pins from the seatbelt block fit into.
It's far simpler in reality that the written explanation.
Basically when the seatbelt is inserted into the receptacle it completes a circuit. The completed circuit is recognized by the board to not show the warning light and sound.
Here we're bypassing the seatbelt receptacle, harness, and block altogether and completing the circuit at the block that goes to the board.

Attachments

• IMG_1098.JPG
    IMG_1098.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 89

rami

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
This was the first "mod" I did, love it. Too many chimes in todays cars to my liking...

tbone63

Fast & Furious ish
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
As a Construction Super who gets in and out of the truck 100 times per day and travels from point to point within the project, this is more than a must have. It's a sanity keeper. Glad I found the solution here and this site. Thanks.

Juhax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Works fine! Thank you for advise! 2008 6,7 cummins.

KyleW2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
Wow thanks for bumping this up. I wear my seatbelt but this will be nice when driving off road when I'm in and out of the truck.

Greg The Vet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 1500 Limited Elite 4x4
Engine
5.7L Hemi eTorque
Is there an update to this for the 2023 models? I have a limited elite 2023 ram 1500. The old trick doesn't work. Thanks in advance.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Is there an update to this for the 2023 models? I have a limited elite 2023 ram 1500. The old trick doesn't work. Thanks in advance.
Considering this is the 3rd gen section (02-08) you might wanna try asking in the 5th gen section lol.